Wierd issue after a Windows feature update.

Clutch

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Just before the new years my W10 home box underwent a feature update. I let it happen on my laptop a couple months ago and it went okay so I didn't expect issues.

Once the updating was done, Blue Iris wanted the registration code. I guess it thought it was on a different box. Took me a while to find it but I found it and keyed it in. That was irritating.

I thought all was good until a few days ago. I went into my ftp servers and I saw that logging stopped at the same time I did the feature update.

I poked at it. Updated it, changed the FTP password everywhere. Sent test files that showed up but no new .bvr files would show up.

Tonight I had a wth moment. I backed up the registry settings and imported a backup registry from a few months ago.

After updating the ftp password that was changed in troubleshooting, my ftp server started collecting camera files in the 1-4 Gb range. I'm thinking it was files that BI couldn't upload as there isn't that much activity. I'm going to bed, I suspect smaller files once it finishes updating.

I am not asking for help as I think it is working. I'm just putting this out for someone googling for a solution that had my same problem. This is the first real problem I've had with BI since I have been using it.