Wife now agrees time to get cameras NOW

PapaBill

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Being Held Hostage in Central Calif By Democrats.
Last night around 7 I was in the shower and the wannabe gangbangers across the way were out being loud as usual, then my wife heard noises by our house but didnt go out, well this morning at 520 when I went out with her as she was going to work I find tire marks on my sidewalk where some ahole decided to do a burnout and race down my sidewalk.
Now its time to at least get 2 cams for the front and 2 for my porch.
As ya can see in the pix, the new LED street light is real bright at 5am, and this is with no flash on my Galaxy S7, of course when the trees bloom my Jeep might be darker.
So I am hoping the color night vision ones will work great.
Here is what I want so far and hope someone can tell me if this is good or overkill.

Dahua NVR5232
Dahua Dome Camera IPC-HDW5231R-ZE x2 for my porch to cover both sides aimed toward the door.
Trying to decide on 2 good bullets for the vehicles and front of the house coverage.
Later on gonna add more camera as the budget allows,

Attachments

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The HDWs are turrets, not domes, right? Which is good, IMO... turrets usually have fewer problems with spiders making webs across them than other styles (inc bullets).

Are you going to get the PoE version of the NVR or use a separate PoE switch?

PapaBill

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The HDWs are turrets, not domes, right? Which is good, IMO... turrets usually have fewer problems with spiders making webs across them than other styles (inc bullets).

Are you going to get the PoE version of the NVR or use a separate PoE switch?
the HDWS are the turrets, and after reading what everyone here says going non poe with a giga switch

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Last night around 7 I was in the shower and the wannabe gangbangers across the way were out being loud as usual,..
Here is what I want so far and hope someone can tell me if this is good or overkill.

Hi PapaBill,

There is no such thing as overkill when it comes to delinquents and security alarm + camera systems.

Was that directly in front of your house? If so I would see about bringing cameras even closer to the sidewalk and street by utilizing the fence for possible mounting options. Perhaps even making a fake light fixture and placing a camera in there.

PapaBill

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
From my front door to the street its at most around 20'
Scumbags.jpg Taco Truck.jpg
As ya can see, on the right side across the street is where the scumbags live is why i am gonna put a PTZ on the front roof point of my house,
Straight across is a small center that was a used car dealer and a mini mart, and now they added a pawn shop, and the owner of the property decided to make his taco truck permanent so they added a awning and tables making a nice home for homeless to come and hang around all day.
One day my daughter was going to work when she lived with us and saw a body lying across the tables, apparently someone od'ed there.
So I cut the trees some to make a view across much more clearer, cant take them down since the city controls them.
20180202_114505.jpg
The last pic here is from me standing at my front door looking at the street so ya can see the dist.

20180202_114611.jpg
This is the full length of my porch, I want to put a cam in the corner of that support aimed at the door and one on the other side as well

PapaBill

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Not to get too far off topic but... Can you contact the zoning office of your local govt about the food truck setting up as restaurant?
On private property, used hes been there over a decade, hell one time a auto repair shop rented the corner business next to the truck, thats why the door by the tables is a rollup now, and those guys would open the door and rev engines all day out the back, city told me.... CANT DO ANYTHING, they are a business, even though at 6pm they were going VRRMMM louder than a nascar event straight at my door.
Hell the only reason we bought this damn house was because the city decided they wanted to expand the high school and someone figured they needed 8 soccer fields, so the house we was renting got bulldozed and they gave up a option to pay our rent for a year or a down payment on a house, about 30 familes had to move, and of course it was during the rising house costs so every thing around us was over 400-500k and we got this one for 250k.
Funny part is they just built a small building across town and it is totally empty except for a permanent taco trailer in the parking lot next to the building, and they get alot of business.
Welcome to Calif.
sorry for going off topic lol.

PapaBill

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanx Looney, I forgot about that sight, and just realized it does more than just placement, its actually showing me what the ptz would look like at the distance I need to watch the problem people.
so far though every camera on ptz shows blurry pix of the street at 200'

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Pay more attention to this section than the simulated street view:
upload_2018-2-3_18-32-36.png
This example would be a fairly large zoom lens.