Wifi "baby cam" with pan tilt that works with BI

pcdo78

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm want to put a camera in the toddlers room. I don't want to wire a POE camera in there because at some I have to give them privacy (I guess) so I figure I'd just use a wireless one, preferably with pan and tilt though not a deal breaker. Good night vision is a plus because that's mostly when I want them watched. What are some people's recommendations? I was looking at the Dahua IPC-A35.

pcdo78

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks as usual looney2ns. The Dahua may be larger and more expensive than what I was looking for. I like the Hikvision DS-2CD2442FWD-IW cube as it has both wifi and POE. It gives some flexibility in the future if I ever want to mount it and use it as a POE device and also has two way audio. Maybe one day blue iris will get two way audio to work. Lack of pan/tilt is it's only drawback though that may be more a luxury than a necessity. I'm still curious about my original suggestion being the IPC-A35 and whether anyone has really tried and used it.

cutterman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a couple of those Hikvision cubes. Wifi is glitchy even if AP is in the same room. I converted them to wired.

Can't go wrong with an ethernet jack in the room. Many other uses for networking and multimedia.

pethman

n3wb
Reaction score
I am using an A-35 for that task works very well. I have it on a stand that we move around depending on where we have the baby in the house so it reboots several times a day, reconnects without issue thus far. Find the quality is fine for what we are doing with it.