WiFi NVR with single ethernet port and 2-4 IP Cameras?

potis

n3wb
Reaction score
First things first, i am trying to help and old man that ordered an OEM 8Ch Kit with a Wifi NVR, it has 2 antennas, and 1 single ethernet port.

He went and butchered all 8 camera power cables because he didnt want to deal with extra cabling? (I guess had some sort of power cables preinstalled?), 2 or 4 out of the 8 cameras seem to have issues after that, one has a 15 second delay even from 10 centimeters distance, the other starts making the whole network slow down and crash..Logic behind that i dont know, and the other two i am not sure, need to check more.

Its a chinese OEM kit of course, NETIP is the protocol it uses, so extra OnVif or whatever out of the question.

Because he butchered the cables (removed the plug, used duct tape to stick together cables to his own cables or w/e), all sort of Warranty/replacement/money back is completely gone from the place he bought it from since they cant take it back to replace it with a better/same or w/e.

Now 4 of those cameras work perfectly fine, 2 i need to check, and 2 have the problems i said above.

Can he run a switch (Not PoE, a simple 4 port switch) to connect the 2 (or 4) cameras with ethernet to that single ethernet port to get image out of that port? Only video stream, no power.

Is that feasible? Do WiFI NVR have that capability? Its not a PoE NVR, it has a single ethernet slot, i know that despite being a Chinese OEM, it aint completely shit and has all sort of options for IPs etc.

I tried googling and read a similar thread on here but information isnt clear.

Basically 2 cameras---->Switch (Non-poe)---->Single ethernet cable-->Wifi NVR Single ethernet Port.

I dont have a switch at hand to check myself and save the dude some money and problems.

Sorry if this is the wrong place and forum :(

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
First things first, i am trying to help and old man that ordered an OEM 8Ch Kit with a Wifi NVR, it has 2 antennas, and 1 single ethernet port.

He went and butchered all 8 camera power cables because he didnt want to deal with extra cabling? (I guess had some sort of power cables preinstalled?), 2 or 4 out of the 8 cameras seem to have issues after that, one has a 15 second delay even from 10 centimeters distance, the other starts making the whole network slow down and crash..Logic behind that i dont know, and the other two i am not sure, need to check more.

Its a chinese OEM kit of course, NETIP is the protocol it uses, so extra OnVif or whatever out of the question.

Because he butchered the cables (removed the plug, used duct tape to stick together cables to his own cables or w/e), all sort of Warranty/replacement/money back is completely gone from the place he bought it from since they cant take it back to replace it with a better/same or w/e.

Now 4 of those cameras work perfectly fine, 2 i need to check, and 2 have the problems i said above.

Can he run a switch (Not PoE, a simple 4 port switch) to connect the 2 (or 4) cameras with ethernet to that single ethernet port to get image out of that port? Only video stream, no power.

Is that feasible? Do WiFI NVR have that capability? Its not a PoE NVR, it has a single ethernet slot, i know that despite being a Chinese OEM, it aint completely shit and has all sort of options for IPs etc.

I tried googling and read a similar thread on here but information isnt clear.

Basically 2 cameras---->Switch (Non-poe)---->Single ethernet cable-->Wifi NVR Single ethernet Port.

I dont have a switch at hand to check myself and save the dude some money and problems.

Sorry if this is the wrong place and forum :(
Welcome @potis

Feel free to share pictures and model numbers.

In general, most quality NVRs can accept camera feeds from their WAN port.

However, you have to be very cautious with random vendors / products on Aliexpress and other websites as some are dishonest and not representing accurate information. ( example zmodo / funlux / meshare sells "POE" kits - which are NOT "PoE"... )

potis

n3wb
Reaction score
Welcome @potis

Feel free to share pictures and model numbers.

In general, most quality NVRs can accept camera feeds from their WAN port.

However, you have to be very cautious with random vendors / products on Aliexpress and other websites as some are dishonest and not representing accurate information. ( example zmodo / funlux / meshare sells "POE" kits - which are NOT "PoE"... )
I dont know the exact models and its not me that bought it so :p

With basic searching i know its winpossee production kit, OEM or renamed etc.

is the box (but with 8 cameras).

Its basically that kit, but the old revision, this one at gearbeast seems to have a different/newer NVR but they are all the same company really.

I know the WAN port accepts camera feeds, but can it accept 2-4 camera feeds off a switch?

Even for the "Brand" DVR/XVR/NVR the answer is very hard to find.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I dont know the exact models and its not me that bought it so :p

With basic searching i know its winpossee production kit, OEM or renamed etc.

is the box (but with 8 cameras).

Its basically that kit, but the old revision, this one at gearbeast seems to have a different/newer NVR but they are all the same company really.

I know the WAN port accepts camera feeds, but can it accept 2-4 camera feeds off a switch?

Even for the "Brand" DVR/XVR/NVR the answer is very hard to find.
HI @potis

If indeed as described by the title:
"8CH WiFi NVR Kit 8Pcs HD 960P Outdoor P2P Wireless IP Camera CCTV Security System - White EU Plug"

"960P(1280 x 960) ip hd cameras give you crystal clear videos day and night. "

Honestly, I hope he paid very very little for that kit. 960P is very obsolete imho and not worth buying or spending much time on if you can make money anywhere else for your time.

That said I would recheck all cameras which are not working by redoing the power connection.

update: I think the price "Price: $412.49" is far too much to pay for this ... in the USA you could have found something far better this last week for that.