WIFI Outdoor CCTV Camera

Pingwave

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Guy's ,

Non teckie here, I bought a Chinese IP Camera and would like to run Blue Iris on it but i am told it's not possible , not sure what can I do to get BI system alerts recognized , is there any other softwear that will work on my Camera?
Any Ideas would be much appreciated

Regards P

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As far as I know, all that Blue Iris needs to work with a camera is access to its RTSP stream. If the camera additionally supports ONVIF, it can make adding the camera to BI a lot easier.

Who told you it's not possible to run your camera on Blue Iris?
What is the camera model that you're using?
What does the camera manufacturer suggest to use for recording?

Cameras that were deigned to stream "to the cloud" don't always provide a RTSP stream that allows you to record locally.

Sphinxicus

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi @Pingwave

You dont say which camera you have nor do you say who told you it was not possible to use blue iris with it (or why)?

There is a list of supported cameras at Technology & Tested Cameras - Blue Iris

Is it some "cloud linked" camera using propitiatory protocols? If not then i dont see why it wouldnt work with blue iris, even if its using MJPEG.

In all honesty, i would ditch the crappy camera and get a proper one like the Dahua or Hik. There are loads of great reviews on this site that will make your mouth water :)

Pingwave

n3wb
Reaction score
Cheers,

The camera works really well and i am happy with it but i would like to get " zone detection softwear" on it .
I am told Blue Iris is not on the list so it probally wont recognize the softwear.

Any ideas
P

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Until you share the camera model number, nobody can make any specific recommendations.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Cheers,

The camera works really well and i am happy with it but i would like to get " zone detection softwear" on it .
I am told Blue Iris is not on the list so it probally wont recognize the softwear.

Any ideas
P
Oy, some people just don't want to be helped. You don't answer any questions. Blue Iris doesn't have to be on any list. My recommendation is that you return everything and buy a nest cam.