Wifi Trail or Wildlife Cameras that work with Blue Iris?

Reaction score
Anyone know of Trail or Wildlife cameras that can be used via wifi with Blue Iris?
I need a wifi trail camera but intend to use it in my backyard, within range of my home wifi. There are a lot of wifi trail cameras that claim to be wifi, but it is not clear from the marketing if that means it connects to an app on your phone via wifi or actually connects to your home wifi and uses a standard viewable by Blue Iris. I am aware that a constant video feed would drain the battery - so I need the camera to also support external power. In lieu of a trail or wildlife camera, I need an outdoor waterproof wifi camera that can be easily positioned anywhere on a tripod.

Reaction score
I'm looking for the same thing. If you have any luck please let me know?

Anyone know of Trail or Wildlife cameras that can be used via wifi with Blue Iris?
I need a wifi trail camera but intend to use it in my backyard, within range of my home wifi. There are a lot of wifi trail cameras that claim to be wifi, but it is not clear from the marketing if that means it connects to an app on your phone via wifi or actually connects to your home wifi and uses a standard viewable by Blue Iris. I am aware that a constant video feed would drain the battery - so I need the camera to also support external power. In lieu of a trail or wildlife camera, I need an outdoor waterproof wifi camera that can be easily positioned anywhere on a tripod.

quest100

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I made my own wired (PoE) version a few years ago from a spare camera. One hundred feet of CAT 5 cable, a couple of pieces of plywood, and a L shaped shelf bracket. So far I have used it for 2 turkey nests and a duck nest in the front yard (native plants), and this spring for a feral mother cat that had kittens next to the compost bin. I plug the ethernet cable into the closest PoE port, run the cable out through a door, and place the camera where I think it will have a good view. Usually that is on the ground in front of the nest, but once it was on the roof looking down.

IMG_7403.jpg

TurkeyLeavingNest.jpg

SP116.20220423_000220091.296.jpg

View attachment TC.2021-03-18_09.53.29_1 small.mov