Wildlife Watching Wife

ceb5

n3wb
Reaction score
Andy,
My system was setup a few years ago thru LTS branded cameras and NVR, I like the Hikvision cameras but the price is killing me for a PTZ.
I need a PTZ camera and hope you can sell me a Dahua for what I need. My wife got hooked this winter watching a feeding station for deer on the net and so she now wants one of her own. Looking for something with audio, will rotate 360 degrees and a good picture day or night. Definitely can't afford the best but somewhere in the 3-500 range. I figure that when she gets tired of watching the squirrels around here I can use it for myself. Would also need a mount for it.

ceb5

n3wb
Reaction score
Bigger PTZ typically don't have a built in mic, but they do have audio in to connect a microphone.

Here are two PTZs to consider:
SD59225U-HNI
SD49225T-HN | Dahua Technology
Thanks a lot for the suggestions but having a hard time deciding which way to go. I can not find too much about what either camera looks like during the day and I know that it will get just as much viewing during the day as it will at night. After reading some of the Cliffs notes I realize that I will lose the IVS function since I have the Hikvision NVR, wondering if I would lose any other functions. One more question, right now for video playback we are using NVMS7000 that I downloaded from LTS when I first started playing with security cameras, plus it was free. I've noticed that a Lot more people are using Blue Iris, is this a better program or just more features?

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Search the forum and youtube. On the forum, use wildcards like this: SD59225* and un-check the box to "search this forum only", you may want to check the box to display results as threads. There are lots of images and videos from both of these cameras.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Andy,
My system was setup a few years ago thru LTS branded cameras and NVR, I like the Hikvision cameras but the price is killing me for a PTZ.
I need a PTZ camera and hope you can sell me a Dahua for what I need. My wife got hooked this winter watching a feeding station for deer on the net and so she now wants one of her own. Looking for something with audio, will rotate 360 degrees and a good picture day or night. Definitely can't afford the best but somewhere in the 3-500 range. I figure that when she gets tired of watching the squirrels around here I can use it for myself. Would also need a mount for it.
Use SD59225U-HNI, SD6CE225U-HNI, these 2 are cheaper and have great nightvision and support autotracking.