Will 2nd Cam as LPR help Illuminate 1st Cam

BPet

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have a Foscam 9805 1.3MP to capture the overall scene, but I think it needs more illumination in order to catch more detail at night. I was considering an Illuminator, but since I'm going to mount a Dahua IPC-HFW5231E-Z12, to use as an LPR, in the same vicinity and pointed in the same direction as the Foscam; is it likely that the extra IR from the Dahua will light up the area instead of using an Illuminator? My goal is to more clearly be able to make out the model of vehicle in the cul de sac and improve viewing of individuals on foot. Thanks in advance for your thoughts :)

You can see by the pic that the area lit by the headlights has much more detail:
nightvision.jpg

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
More light is always good. Your new IP cam will help.
The current cam appears to be getting glare in the lens from a light off to the side.

BPet

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok, I guess I'll see how it is with the new IP cam before I buy an Illuminator. Where do you see the glare on the lens? (There is a coach light about 2ft down from the camera - Cam is mounted under the eave on the side of the house by the front corner - around the corner 1ft in is the coach light by the side of the garage.