Will Dahua XVR5116H-X DVR support old 960H, D1, and CIF cameras?

cuz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello all, I have an ancient surveillance system with 12 analog cameras, mostly D1 resolution, but some 960H and CIF as well. Yeah, I know they are ancient, and scheduled to be upgraded to IP Cams in the next 6-9 months. Unfortunately, the current DVR just died, and I need to drop in a temporary unit (FAST) that will work with the old analog cameras. I'm considering it a "throw away" as it will not be part of the new solution we roll out later.

I can get a Dahua XVR5116H-X in a couple of days, but I want to know if it will work with the old analog cameras. It looks like it will from the spec sheet, but can anyone verify it for me?

I like the idea of going with Dahua now, because I've already rolled out two POE systems from Andy (16 & 24 channels), and when I replace this system it will be with another 24 channel POE system also from Andy, so it will be easier on the user to learn the interface now as it looks like it will be very similar once it's setup.

Thanks,
Cuz

Attachments

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
It should work fine. You know the XVRs will run both simultaneously, no need for it to be temporary.

I’ve been running a mixed system of 2MP CVI and IP cameras at home for years. 6 of 12 cameras are CVI and I haven’t had the need to change them. They’re rock solid and just work and for the area they cover it would be a waste to change them to IP cameras as there would be no real benefit.

This model will run both and has IVS and all of the features you would need. Replace your old cameras as needed, run CVI where not.

Last edited: