Will Static IP (WAN) solve 4G connection issues?

Reaction score
My 4 camera system is working great inside the home, I have static IPs assigned for everything including LAN, a port is assigned, etc, but WAN address is currently dynamic. When at home or anywhere with Wifi access, I can view everything on my Android phone via BI App. When the WAN changes, all I have to do is press the "IPS" button on the BI App and PROVIDED I am on Wifi, it will update the WAN and all cameras are viewable. However, if I am at work where Wifi is not available, I cannot seem to update with IPS using the 4G connection and I get the "Unable to Connect...Unable to Reach Server" message. Does the IPS function require Wifi or does it sound like there's some other issue? Trying to understand this so explanations appreciated :)

I will say that last night I had to do a Frontier-mandated firmware update and I forgot to ensure the port forwarding was still invoked. Does port forwarding have anything to do with remote access via cell signal?

I just found out that with my Frontier DSL service I can get 1 free static IP. Would this solve the issue?

And finally, I've read the virtues of setting up VPN. Does this help with remote access issues using cell phones or only when remoting in from PC?

Thanks much,
Ron