will this work

corvairbob

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
currently i have a zmd-dd sbn8 zmodo 8 camera system that i can see using the tiny cam app on my phones and tablets. i also have 5 ip cameras using wifi that i have on the same tiny cam app on my phones and tablets. what i want to do is get rid of the wifi cameras and get some model of the zmodo wifi system and using the ip address like i do with the current zmodo system, connect that new zmodo system to my modem thru a cat5 cable to the modem and be able to see all the cameras the same as i do the zmodo cameras i now see. does anyone know if the zm-kw2003-1tb-re wifi system will work the way the zmd-dd-snb8 i now have. or at least that is what tinycam sees and uses good.

i want to change because the ip cams i have now just will not stay up online they are dropping all the time and the zmodo i now use almost never drops out so i'm thinking the wifi is being overwhelmed and can't keep up.

so if i install another zmodo system then have the wifi campers connect to the zmodo server and then i connect that to the modem i'm hoping that separates the system enough to keep the camera online. plus i can see the zmodo cameras all the time when i gone out of the house like at restaurants and overnight stays.

anyone here have any ideas? thanks

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
currently i have a zmd-dd sbn8 zmodo 8 camera system that i can see using the tiny cam app on my phones and tablets. i also have 5 ip cameras using wifi that i have on the same tiny cam app on my phones and tablets. what i want to do is get rid of the wifi cameras and get some model of the zmodo wifi system and using the ip address like i do with the current zmodo system, connect that new zmodo system to my modem thru a cat5 cable to the modem and be able to see all the cameras the same as i do the zmodo cameras i now see. does anyone know if the zm-kw2003-1tb-re wifi system will work the way the zmd-dd-snb8 i now have. or at least that is what tinycam sees and uses good.

i want to change because the ip cams i have now just will not stay up online they are dropping all the time and the zmodo i now use almost never drops out so i'm thinking the wifi is being overwhelmed and can't keep up.

so if i install another zmodo system then have the wifi campers connect to the zmodo server and then i connect that to the modem i'm hoping that separates the system enough to keep the camera online. plus i can see the zmodo cameras all the time when i gone out of the house like at restaurants and overnight stays.

anyone here have any ideas? thanks
Welcome @corvairbob

I am so sorry to hear you have a zmodo system, my sincerest sorrow to you and the suffering you will encounter attempting to do interesting things with that kit.

ideas? - JUNK that zmodo garabage.

Seriously just junk it, and go for a better wired solution ( IP POE ) - see the cliff notes.

Why does zmodo / funlux suck? ..
Zmodo / Funlux suck how they manipulate the game.

corvairbob

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
i can't say it is junk it is the only one actually working. i have not had a bit of issues with it since i installed it like 5 years ago. all i did was change cameras and larger hd since i have had it up and running.

maybe i should say i'm sorry to you for having issues with your systems

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
i can't say it is junk it is the only one actually working. i have not had a bit of issues with it since i installed it like 5 years ago. all i did was change cameras and larger hd since i have had it up and running.

Hi @corvairbob

The issues with zmodo / funlux go beyond me - numerous owners of their products have a large amount of issues ( see the documentation I pointed to ).

They are basically the Yugo or Pinto of cctv / security cameras

corvairbob

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
i agree with the funlux i got one of them and it works good with the app but i like the tiny cam app and alexey just can't get it to go and he is the app maker. but the zmodo that i have must be older than the ones now with the issues. the one i have is not a wifi unit but i once wired it to an extender and i could see the cameras on the tiny cam app then i jsut got a longer wire and plugged it into the modem and i still see the cameras good with the app. i was thinking the new wifi systems the cameras would look only at there router and i then could wire that ont to the modem and do the same as i'm doing now. but the conscience seems to be stay away. my older zmodo system records good for over 30 days with 8 camera on it. and tinycam seems then all day long with no faults. that is why i was asking about the new zmodo systems if i could do the same. but so far i got a eulogy and your input of them being bad. thanks i guess i should then be looking for another system. maybe one that can do wifi and wired? i do not want to start running wires in the house, that is why i did wifi first. i have outlets close to the cameras but i'm not wanting to start running video wires thru the walls if i can help it. thanks for the help

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
.. thanks i guess i should then be looking for another system. maybe one that can do wifi and wired? i do not want to start running wires in the house, that is why i did wifi first. ..
Hi @corvairbob

Having gone through the cheap, the wifi, the cheap wifi, the expensive cloud wifi cameras - I can tell you from my personal experience:

IF you want a reliable setup - go wired IP POE.

Of course, you are welcome to take the same steps that most of us did here and try out different solutions - only to find out that someone before us have also gone through that experience and when we were told to go with a wired solution we side stepped the recommendation and went the easier route and got a failed solution. I know, I did.. and when I needed the security camera footage - the system failed on me. Thus .. I finally listened to what others had told me, and went wired IP POE.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@corvairbob ,

It's good you have had no issues with Zmodo as they do not honor their so-called 3 year warranty. Heck, they won't even answer your e-mails requesting a RMA for a defective unit that belonged to one of my clients.

Based on my own personal experience, not hearsay, I will never advise anyone to purchase a Zmodo or Funlux product. :headbang:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

Zmodo is bottom barrel crap.. the image quality you get from those cameras is crap... But if you can't admit you have a problem...