Win10 BI4 After latest BI update: program can't start libfaad2.dll missing

plfinch

n3wb
Reaction score
I am running BI 4 on a Windows 10 system. Windows is up to date. I install BI updates weekly if avalable and just installed latest last night. This resulted in BI unable to start with following error:

"BlueIris.exe: The program can't start because libfaad2.dll is missing from your computer. Try renstalling the program to fix this problem."

Prior to this latest update BI has been working fine. I really don't want to do a reinstall BI if can be avoided...

Peter

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am running BI 4 on a Windows 10 system. Windows is up to date. I install BI updates weekly if avalable and just installed latest last night. This resulted in BI unable to start with following error:

"BlueIris.exe: The program can't start because libfaad2.dll is missing from your computer. Try renstalling the program to fix this problem."

Prior to this latest update BI has been working fine. I really don't want to do a reinstall BI if can be avoided...

Peter
You dont have to reinstall. If you have a previous update file just run it an revert back.
Also, never install updates as soon as they are released. Its bad practice.

plfinch

n3wb
Reaction score
For anybody else experiencng this issue, there is a new update posted today at blueirissoftware.com/updates. This update resolves the dll issue and BI now starts correctly.