Windows 10 and Blue Iris

jdenhart

n3wb
Reaction score
I upgraded to windows 10. When I started up blue iris the software thinks it's a new install and is asking for the registration code. When I type it in the 'next' button never lights up to click next. Any suggestions?

aaronwt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I upgraded to windows 10. When I started up blue iris the software thinks it's a new install and is asking for the registration code. When I type it in the 'next' button never lights up to click next. Any suggestions?
I just needed to enter my registration info again. Once I did that it was fine.

jdenhart

n3wb
Reaction score
I just needed to enter my registration info again. Once I did that it was fine.
So I removed blue iris 3 and 4 from computer than loaded three, used the registration I had and it works. My problem now is I don't have the latest version. Version 3 won't let me upgrade to version 4. I sent and email to Blue Iris but have not heard anything back yet. It might be easiest to pay the half off price to upgrade to version 4.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So I removed blue iris 3 and 4 from computer than loaded three, used the registration I had and it works. My problem now is I don't have the latest version. Version 3 won't let me upgrade to version 4. I sent and email to Blue Iris but have not heard anything back yet. It might be easiest to pay the half off price to upgrade to version 4.
You cannot use the version 3 code for version 4. That is why it wasnt working. If you want version 4 you have to pay the upgrade price. It is well worth the 30 dollars.

NixMarl

n3wb
Reaction score
I have noticed on BI4 you have got to enter the "-" signs or it will be a no-go. Perhaps this will help?

MartyO

Banned
Reaction score
Even with all its flaws I like Windows8 better than Windows10. With respect to general usage, I highly recommend not upgrading now. I don't now of any advantage win10 has for BI. Glad my BI machines are win7 and win8.

aaronwt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Even with all its flaws I like Windows8 better than Windows10. With respect to general usage, I highly recommend not upgrading now. I don't now of any advantage win10 has for BI. Glad my BI machines are win7 and win8.
I've been running BI4 on Windows 10 since Win10 launched. I've had no problems. It works just like it did with Windows 8.1. Only Windows 10 is a better OS.

So far I've upgraded seven of my machines to Windows 10. I've had no issues with any of them.

MartyO

Banned
Reaction score
I've been running BI4 on Windows 10 since Win10 launched. I've had no pr oblems. It works just like it did with Windows 8.1. Only Windows 10 is a better OS.

So far I've upgraded seven of my machines to Windows 10. I've had no issues with any of them.
I don't like WIN10, access to updates has been tampered with unnecessarily, video from browsers may or maynot work from IE, IE seems much slower. BI performance isn't improved. so why bother, it was hyped.