Windows 10 and NetTime question

motoolfan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I recently put a second nic in and moved the ip cameras over to it, I also put the the second nic and cameras on a different subnet (192.168.2.x). Now I'm unable to access NetTime from the cameras, I've searched and tried several things. To no avail, any help would be appreciated.

motoolfan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've already allowed it through the firewall, was working when it was on the same subnet.

ChengXin

n3wb
Reaction score
Did you set NetTimeto listen to port 123/UDP new secondary subnet?

Last edited:

motoolfan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I didn't, where do I set that? I did try adding the new subnet to the scope tab in the in the scope area of the inbound rules of the Firewall and also tried adding the new subnet to the advanced tcp/ip area in the ipv4 settings.

mcx

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Probably dumb question but did you change the server IP to 192.168.2.x on the camera time settings?

motoolfan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The time server is still on 192.168.1.x, The camera time settings should be the same, shouldn't they?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
if you put your cameras on a different subnet (192.168.2.x) then they can only communicate with 192.168.2.x unless you install a gateway/router and that kinda defeats the point.

your cameras will have to use 192.168.2.x IP of the BI Server for a timesource; they cannot reach anything else.

motoolfan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
K, I'll have BI do the overlay time stamps, instead of the cameras. Thanks all for the advice.

mcx

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Ok, but note that the Blue Iris does not record timestamps if you record direct to disk.

motoolfan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That's what I figured. I may go back to the way it was and setup firewall on dd-wrt or setup vlans.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
the point of running nettime on your BI Server is so it can provide the same time the server has to the cameras; you can run the cameras on a seperate subnet and still serve them time.. just have to do it from the camera's interface IP.

BI/NetTime will get its time upstream from internet sources; it acts kinda like a relay.. but it'll work for your cameras even w/out internet connectivity.