Windows 10

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
I started running Blue Iris on Windows 10 a month or 2 ago as part of the Insiders Program, have never had an issue at all running on Windows 10.

Chrisdt

n3wb
Reaction score
Recently a blue iris update tagged some numbers onto the beginning and ending of the registration code.
Do I enter them when re-entering my registration code?

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I entered my registration code as normal when I did the upgrade to Win10. No extra digits was needed.

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
I can't say that I've seen any difference from Windows 7 to Windows 10 on my pc with Blue Iris. Do you mean a change in something like cpu usage?

Ox1574

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I just upgraded my BI machine to Windows 10 last night, and I am unable to start the program. It tells me that the program can't start because WMVCore.dll is missing from your computer. I assume that has to do with Windows Media Player which is not in Windows 10 anymore. Suggestions anyone?

Thanks

Mr-Gizmo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just upgraded my BI machine to Windows 10 last night, and I am unable to start the program. It tells me that the program can't start because WMVCore.dll is missing from your computer. I assume that has to do with Windows Media Player which is not in Windows 10 anymore. Suggestions anyone?

Thanks
I suspect you may have Windows 10 "N" for European or "KN for Korea Edition. These editions do not come with Windows Media Player installed. You will need to download Media Feature Pack for N and KN of Windows 10.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48231

rfryar

n3wb
Reaction score
FYI, with the latest Windows 10 update this error reoccurred. A new media pack is required

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=49919

This installs the updated fix pack: [FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]KB3099229

[/FONT]
I assume this will fix the issue, I am installing this fix now.

-UPDATE- yes this resolves the issue this second time.

Rick

Last edited by a moderator: