Windows 7 audio problem after upgrade to blue iris 4

Reaction score
I recently upgraded to blue iris 4. Except when i start blue iris 4 it messes with all other sound resulting in crackling noises when i play music and in some cases actually slowed down the music playing while also crackling and popping. What the heck is going on? I've looked into every possible angle regarding this problem and no luck whatsoever.

I never had this problem with blue iris 3. Therefore what did they change regarding how blue iris interacts with a computer's sound card?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I recently upgraded to blue iris 4. Except when i start blue iris 4 it messes with all other sound resulting in crackling noises when i play music and in some cases actually slowed down the music playing while also crackling and popping. What the heck is going on? I've looked into every possible angle regarding this problem and no luck whatsoever.

I never had this problem with blue iris 3. Therefore what did they change regarding how blue iris interacts with a computer's sound card?
Under blue iris options, check the audio tab, make sure output is set to "not specified".

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Crackling and popping is likely one of two things:

1. A poor or loose connection somewhere.
2. Blue Iris playing back audio from some microphone. Maybe a microphone on a camera, or maybe one connected directly to the PC.

40th Floor

n3wb
Reaction score
You might be running dumbed-down software that is shooting at ports hoping to find something, like a weird, proprietary camera or two. This is a stupid thing to do if you ask me. If you have a way to make it stop, do so, even if that is not the cause of this particular problem.