Windows update Bluetooth issue.

Tizeye

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
While I use Pro, Windows noted up update ready, reboot, blah, blah blah. After doing the update went to re-launching Blue Iris4. Noticed there wasn't a "Blue Iris" specific program to select. The selections in the Blue Iris folder were "Blue Iris admin" "Blue Iris non-admin" and "Blue Iris Help". Ran "Blue Iris Admin" and it is literally just the camera - no recordings, playback, or even the Windows Menu Bar. Right clicking does provide some settings but nothing that would resolve the above missing menu/features or even allow access to camera settings. Only way to close was alt-cntl-del in Task Manager. Relaunching "Blue Iris non-admin" returned an error message that needed to run as administrator. Huh???

Anybody run into this before? Only thing I can think of is to uninstall and reinstall but thought I would ask before I went to that extreme. In the past - about once a month - will shut down Blue Iris and restart as general maintenance clearing buffer, etc and seem to recall a Blue Iris icon that now seems to be missing.

Tizeye

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Back up and running! It was really weird. The entire BI interface was just the cameras - no menu/icons, timeline/playback or clips. Attempted to get support from support from BI and their only reply was to "please use the “Email support now” button on the Options page in the software to copy important support information to the clipboard." Of course, with the essentially blank interface, that email button didn't exist. Never heard further from support.

Resolved by uninstalling the original install done 8/2017 which has been automatically updated and running the current version when problem began, downloading the most current version, re-setting up the cameras and now back to the standard interface! Note: as part of the uninstall asked a series of questions to customize the uninstall. Basically, I chose complete while retaining the license/registration information. Don't know if really mattered as originally launched in trial mode and had me manually input the registration rather than reading what was supposedly left. Thankfully, didn't get an error message that already registered.