Wire Loom

cybermech

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It's cheap and easy to replace if it ever falls apart. Never used any outside, but I used this to keep my cat from chewing into electrical cords for lamps and other powered items. =)

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
It's cheap and easy to replace if it ever falls apart. Never used any outside, but I used this to keep my cat from chewing into electrical cords for lamps and other powered items. =)
Yeah I did some google and a lot of people were like meh, I've had them outside for years and all they did was discolor lol, my exposed cable spots don't even get sun more than a few hours a day so yeah, I think I'm just gonna check them every month when I do normal cam maintenance.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
paint will dramatically improve sun resistance, though you've got a mile more of atmosphere to reduce UV than me.

Last edited:

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
any kind of paint in particular?
any outdoor paint. something designed for plastic is best but overkill. Most people just use paint that matches the walls.

Since you rent, you could just slip wax paper behind the cable and hit it with some plastic rated spray paint. remove wax paper when paint is dry