Wireless Cam Comparable to the IPC-HDW5231R-ZE

Cary

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
Recently got my first two cameras, IPC-HDW5231R-ZE, off the recommendations of this board and have been extremely pleased with them.

I have a need for a wireless cam (I have an available power source) for a comparable camera for my front porch area where due to aesthetics and other considerations a wireless would work better for my needs.
What would be a few recommended model numbers to check out?

I'm running this through Blue Iris, so would like it to be compatible there as well.

Thanks in advance!

Cary

n3wb
Reaction score
Are there some candidates that might not be quite as good? I would be ok with that.

I have a power outlet right by where I would like to mount the cam, so running power is the easy part. To run PoE cables I would either need to come down out of my eaves, and down my house, or run it all the way from the back of the house to the front.
Happy to sacrifice some quality to make up for it with ease and aesthetics.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Are there some candidates that might not be quite as good? I would be ok with that.

I have a power outlet right by where I would like to mount the cam, so running power is the easy part. To run PoE cables I would either need to come down out of my eaves, and down my house, or run it all the way from the back of the house to the front.
Happy to sacrifice some quality to make up for it with ease and aesthetics.
Hire somebody to run the cable inside the wall... Running the power supply to the outlet will look like crap and also enable anybody to Simply unplug it.... Also note that any camera can be made into a Wi-Fi using a cheap wireless bridge... Or you can use a power line adapter.... But honestly get somebody to do it right

Pneuma

n3wb
Reaction score
Search wireless ONVIF ip camera and see what you find.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you are concerned about aesthetics, as @fenderman stated, a wallwart for power to a wireless cam will NOT be pretty and reliable.

If you are determined to NOT run cable all the way, consider a good quality PLA (Power Line Adapter); mine has been very dependable for 4 years serving my "flag cam" . You can even get a PLA with POE+ so you can run only an easily-hid CAT-5e cable up to the cam from the AC outlet & PLA that will carry both the data and the power to the POE cam.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.