Wireless Cameras/IOT can be blocked

Reaction score
gave me a good reason to investigate WPA3 today on my Ubiquiti UDM router. Have been using WPA2 forever and just now realized I can use WPA3. So I switched that over. Luckily, my Android as does WPA3. I fear my IOT devices (robot vacuums, smart tv's, weather station) will have to remain WPA2 but that's ok because they are VLAN'd.

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
It is so easy to take out almost any receiver. Hard wire till the EMP comes.
Too bad they are not spread spectrum and frequency hopping then his little watch might not work.

Reaction score
It is so easy to take out almost any receiver. Hard wire till the EMP comes.
Too bad they are not spread spectrum and frequency hopping then his little watch might not work.
is why all my security related devices (IP cameras, door/window sensors, etc) are all hardwired. Fun toys (robot vacuums, weather station) are WiFi. When I can, I like to use Z-wave for home automation stuff only because I assume there are more WiFi frequency jammers out there than 908 MHz frequency radio jammers.

tech_junkie

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
is why all my security related devices (IP cameras, door/window sensors, etc) are all hardwired. Fun toys (robot vacuums, weather station) are WiFi. When I can, I like to use Z-wave for home automation stuff only because I assume there are more WiFi frequency jammers out there than 908 MHz frequency radio jammers.
The only thing in that frequency area that can be used to mess with AGC circuit till it drops its connection would be a certain type of cell phone booster that should have been outlawed by the FCC