Wireless Chime work with Ezviz DB1

Ross83

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All

is it possible to somehow connect Wireless Chime to Ezviz DB1?
similar to how Ring Doorbell have wireless chimes?

maybe using ifttt or other methods?

i dont have any old chimes or wiring for wired chime.

thanka

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi All

is it possible to somehow connect Wireless Chime to Ezviz DB1?
similar to how Ring Doorbell have wireless chimes?

maybe using ifttt or other methods?

i dont have any old chimes or wiring for wired chime.

thanka
I understand ezviz will eventually add the wireless chime similar to Ring. My only experience is with Wyze products, combining their own products within their wyze ecosystem (sensors, plugs, etc.). Wyze allows for triggering other devices (wyze) using "rules". Since ezviz have a similar ecosystem (cameras, sensors and smart home devices), check if a similar triggering actions (rules) are available (i.e. "when door bell is pressed, turn on wall plug for 3 seconds"). If yes, you may combine an AC smart wall plug to a chime, connected to the plug output. iftt may also work, but I always prefer to stay within the same brand, in this case ezviz.

Ross83

n3wb
Reaction score
I understand ezviz will eventually add the wireless chime similar to Ring. My only experience is with Wyze products, combining their own products within their wyze ecosystem (sensors, plugs, etc.). Wyze allows for triggering other devices (wyze) using "rules". Since ezviz have a similar ecosystem (cameras, sensors and smart home devices), check if a similar triggering actions (rules) are available (i.e. "when door bell is pressed, turn on wall plug for 3 seconds"). If yes, you may combine an AC smart wall plug to a chime, connected to the plug output. iftt may also work, but I always prefer to stay within the same brand, in this case ezviz.
Thanks

was thinking of doing something similar but i found out that this camera is supported by google assistant which can announce when bell is rang.
eventually i am looking at using Google Home

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi. I have no experience with ezviz, but found some info related. Found a post dated 10/27/19, but that could have changed:

"Yes. EZVIZ website says db1 doesn't work with Alexa or Google home. Other EZVIZ products do work with alexa and google home. Sucks. I was looking forward to the db1 but it is a let down. Perhaps this will available on db2. rumor is that it is avalable in europe. I am returning the ezviz db1 for a ring doorbell pro."

see the entire post: Ezviz db1 doorbell alerts and answering on Google nest hub - Google Nest Community

Good Luck, an stay safe

mOtOman

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm looking to do the same thing...but it's not clear how to announce a ring on my google home speaker even though it shows up in my google home app. Any ideas?

Also, I just saw a compatible chime on the EZVIZ website but I spoke to their support and it is not yet available.