Wireless mouse compatibility with My Lorex NVR.

gatornek

n3wb
Reaction score
Right off the bat, I know that I want to hook up an HDMI feed to go straight to my living room (I already have a setup with a Samsung Frame TV that will easily allow me to do this, as the 'box' for the tv will be next to my Lorex NVR). The NVR will be in an adjacent room to the living room, so I'm wanting to understand if I'm going to be able to use a wireless mouse in order to control it. The Samsung Frame remote actually works to control many different inputs (including my Xbox), but noticed that it wasn't working for my Lorex when I tested it. So I suppose my next option is setting up some sort of bluetooth or RF mouse? However, I found this on their support site.

Accessories: Wireless mouse not working | LOREX Support

I'll have PC access also to the Lorex in my office, but I think it be great to also be in my living room and simply switch the hdmi input and quickly pull up the cameras if need be. Thoughts on what might work? I've seen some threads that indicate any bluetooth mouse might work (I didn't have one readily available that I could test), but before I go out and buy one, was wondering if anyone had any experience with this? Is this basically just Lorex giving a CYA statement of non-support (while it actually might still work)?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I run a RF wireless mouse just fine to an NVR on the other side of the house. I simply plugged the mouse dongle into the NVR USB port.

Of course YMMV and other wifi devices and wall material, etc. can certainly impact the range. I am using a cheap $10 mouse off Amazon.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
I use a logitech wireless mouse with my dahua NVR. Lots of variables affect the range. I haven't tried it past 20 feet or so.

gatornek

n3wb
Reaction score
I guess I can give a random mouse a try and let you guys know. I just wanted to see if anyone had experience with using one on a Lorex. I just thought it was interesting that they specifically put out a KB that said they weren’t supported.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Well they will say it isn't supported because they don't wanna deal with the phone calls for support.

Same thing with trying to use a different brand camera - it will probably work if it is an ONVIF compliant camera, but they don't want to field the support calls for it, so they say only use Lorex cameras.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
FWIW I even have a Logitech Unifying Receiver plugged into a USB port on my 65" Sony Smart (Android) TV and its works like a charm; it's paired to a Logitech K400 Plus keyboard with touchpad.....I hate using the virtual keyboard on-screen and mouse pointer so this works great from about 15 feet.

BTW, they're $20 now on amazon at the above link.

EDIT 1/9/23 @ 0921 CST: price back to $26.99

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

gatornek

n3wb
Reaction score
Just wanted to give an update that, YES, an Amazon Basics bluetooth mouse had no problem!

Sorry for the dumb question fellas, it just threw me off when I came across that FAQ from Lorex. I now can see and control the cameras from my TV in the living room. :)

Acewild

n3wb
Reaction score
I tried a bluetooth mouse on my lorex system and it asks me to download drivers. How did you guys get yours to work without downloading a driver?