Wireless siren to Hikvsion NVR?

Antod

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi! I currently have an Hikvision DS-7608NI-I2/8P NVR, but the integrated siren is not so loud and since it is on the second floor, i can barely hear when i'm on the first floor in the house.
My question is: is there a wireless transmitter to be attached to the NVR that sends the signal to an another siren? (please consider that i live in Italy, so some products may not be available here)

Thanks in advance

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Do you have Wi-Fi (standard 2.4GHz ) with a decent signal in the vicinity of the NVR that also reaches to the location where you could place the remote siren?

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I had good experience with Dakota Alert wireless devices (Tx/Rx). The 4000 Series includes a transmitter with multiple inputs (push button/magnetic contact or NO/NC). You may connect the relay NO output from your NVR, directly to the Dakota Alert transmitter, model UT-4000. It will communicate (wireless) to Dakota Alert model RE-4000 Plus. There is kit model UTDCR-4000, which includes both Tx/Rx. The receiver (Rx) includes a couple of relays, to which you may connect an external siren (dip switches are included to control the time duration). Not sure if this particular model, specially by the transmitter frequencies and power, are legal at your Country. Check with a local distributor

Antod

n3wb
Reaction score
Do you have Wi-Fi (standard 2.4GHz ) with a decent signal in the vicinity of the NVR that also reaches to the location where you could place the remote siren?
Yes, not 100% strength but should be powerful enough to pass the signal

Last edited:

Antod

n3wb
Reaction score
I had good experience with Dakota Alert wireless devices (Tx/Rx). The 4000 Series includes a transmitter with multiple inputs (push button/magnetic contact or NO/NC). You may connect the relay NO output from your NVR, directly to the Dakota Alert transmitter, model UT-4000. It will communicate (wireless) to Dakota Alert model RE-4000 Plus. There is kit model UTDCR-4000, which includes both Tx/Rx. The receiver (Rx) includes a couple of relays, to which you may connect an external siren (dip switches are included to control the time duration). Not sure if this particular model, specially by the transmitter frequencies and power, are legal at your Country. Check with a local distributor

unfortunately looks like isn't available in Italy

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Consider the Shelly Wi-Fi switches. They are available in Italy ==>> Shelly 1V3 Interruttore Relè Wireless per Automazione Domestica, per Spegnere ed Accendere Punti Luci, Piccole Dimensioni, Comandi Vocali Amazon Alexa, Google Home e MQTT, new, Blu

Shelly1-blank.jpg Shelly1_size.jpg

Using Shelly1 Wi-Fi switches you can remotely control a siren. You can use two Shelly's, one activated by a pushbutton and the other located remotely to activate the siren. If the pushbutton is to be located near a PC on the same LAN as the Wi-Fi that connects the remote Shelly, you can instead open a browser to the remote Shellys' IP address and click on the on-screen button to activate the siren. Or instead of a pushbutton, an alarm output from the NVR can be used at Shelly #1 to operate the siren connected to Shelly #2. In all cases, the PC and the Shelly or Shellys all must be on the same LAN or WLAN (Wi-Fi).

I like to use 12VDC because it's safe and many quality UL-listed 12VDC power supplies and siren devices are available. In the U.S.A., a UL-listed Shelly1 is available. Refer to the 2 images below regarding how to wire the Shellys and how to move the shunt pin on each to enable the use of 12VDC. The "dry" relay contact output of the Shelly makes it very flexible.

The Shellys come with a printed set up guide. Each Shelly is by default operating in AP mode so that you connect to its broadcasted SSID and open its embedded webGUI to set it to Client mode, connect it to YOUR Wi-Fi and finish the configuration. If you need further assistance with the initial setup and login, you can read an earlier article I posted with an attached PDF file that provides more detail regarding connecting to it ==>> Simple Blue Iris I/O using Shelly1 Wi-Fi Devices

Shelly #1 with the button will be located near your monitor where you view your cameras or anywhere you want to be able to press a button and sound the siren connected to Shelly #2. As long as the button is pressed on Shelly #1, Shelly #2 will activate the siren.

I suggest configuring both of the Shellys with a username, password and a unique static IP.

Configuring Shelly #1 at the button:

In step #3 and #4, substitute your actual username, password and IP address for Shelly #2.

If you already have Shelly #1 connected to your Wi-Fi, skip to step 2.

1. Go to "Internet & Security" => "WIFI MODE - CLIENT"
Check "Connect the Shelly device to an existing WiFi network"
Type in WiFi name (SSID), then password.
Check "Set static IP address" and enter IP, then click on "SAVE".

2. Go to "Settings" => "BUTTON TYPE"
Check "Detached Switch"

3. Go to "I/O URL actions" => "BUTTON SWITCHED ON URL"
Check "Enabled"
Under "Url to be hit when the button is switched ON" enter:
Code:
http://username:password@shelly#2-IP/relay/0/?turn=on
then click on "SAVE."

4. Go to "I/O URL actions" => "BUTTON SWITCHED OFF URL"
Check "Enabled"
Under "Url to be hit when the button is switched OFF" enter:
Code:
http://username:password@shelly#2-IP/relay/0/?turn=off
then click on "SAVE."
__

Configuring Shelly #2 at the siren:

If you already have Shelly #2 connected to your Wi-Fi, skip to step 2.

1. Go to "Internet & Security" => "WIFI MODE - CLIENT"
Check "Connect the Shelly device to an existing WiFi network"
Type in WiFi name (SSID), then password.
Check "Set static IP address" and enter IP, then click on "SAVE".

2. Go to "Settings" => "BUTTON TYPE"
Check "Toggle Switch".

Shelly1_1-1_wiring.jpg Shelly1_1-2_wiring.jpg

Last edited:

Antod

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry for the noob reply, but it's the first time that i use something like this.

So i have to wire one Shelly to this port? DS-7608NI-I2-8P copy.jpg

and the other Shelly to a siren like the Hikvision DS-PS1-B?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry for the noob reply, but it's the first time that i use something like this.

So i have to wire one Shelly to this port? View attachment 142284

and the other Shelly to a siren like the Hikvision DS-PS1-B?
Essentially, "YES." Give this a shot:

Hik_NVR.jpg

At Shelly #2 wire the siren's red (+) wire and its black (-) wire as shown in the Shelly #2 wiring diagram.

Last edited:

Antod

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry for the late replyn, didn't have time yet to set it up

Hope to have some spare time soon

Once done I'll let you know for sure

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry for the late replyn, didn't have time yet to set it up

Hope to have some spare time soon

Once done I'll let you know for sure
Just curious, it's been 11 months and was wondering how this project worked out for you? :idk: :cool:

Antod

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Tony! For the moment I gave up with this implementation, we added another camera and its siren can be heard better than the others.

Thanks for your kind support