Wiring a Bosch motion sensor to wireless receiver

Jack Ruby

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am trying to connect a Bosch PD850 motion sensor to a 319.5 MHz crystal max life remote receiver. The remote receiver send a signal to my quick bridge reciever.

I've pulled the jumper switch on the remote receiver so that I can wire in the NO input instead of using the built in reed switches. I just can't figure out how to wire the Bosch PF850 into the remote receiver.

http://static.interlogix.com/library/319.5 Crystal MaxLife D-W Sensor_Install Instructions_466-2298 REV E.pdf

http://resource.boschsecurity.com/documents/Bosch_OD850_Installation_Manual_all_2627312395.pdf

Thanks

Vince71

n3wb
Reaction score
If you are using NO, then it looks like you need to use wire terminals 8 & 9 (C & NO) on the motion sensor. On the Crystal Maxlife, page 3, it looks like you need to use the specified resistor on one of the lines, otherwise when the Bosch shorts the line, it is considered a tamper, not an alarm.
Sorry, I'm no expert.... I do have two OD850 sensors that I have wired, one to a cam and one to a light.

Jack Ruby

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am using NC 7&8. I connected the 4.7kohm resistor. Before connecting to the wireless sensor I measure 4.6 Kohm across the two wires when the motion sensor is not tripped.

Then, once I connect the wires to the sensor I measure 2.4kohm across the two terminals on the sensor.

I have tested the sensor by jumping a wire across and it works. I also tested the motion sensor. When tripped the resistance is in the Mohm range.

The wireless sensor needs 4.7 kohm to be in normal operation and out of alarm. Just can't get the 4.7.

I'm lost.

Jack Ruby

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
There are issues with this. I have contacted Interlogix and have had no luck.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am using NC 7&8. I connected the 4.7kohm resistor. Before connecting to the wireless sensor I measure 4.6 Kohm across the two wires when the motion sensor is not tripped.

Then, once I connect the wires to the sensor I measure 2.4kohm across the two terminals on the sensor.

I have tested the sensor by jumping a wire across and it works. I also tested the motion sensor. When tripped the resistance is in the Mohm range.

The wireless sensor needs 4.7 kohm to be in normal operation and out of alarm. Just can't get the 4.7.

I'm lost.
Generally you don't add pull up resistors to wired loops on wireless alarm sensors... looking at your pdfs now.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
These wireless sensors would be one of the few that do use an external eolr.

Is the jumper set correctly? One of the other interlogix sensors tells you to cut the reed switches you aren't using with wire cutters in the manual, no joke. At least this one has a jumper.

4.7k EOLR needs to be in series in the "loop" not across the terminals of the sensor or the transmitter.

Jack Ruby

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've tried everything. I can't get it to work. I replaced it with an Interlogix wireless. I will hard wire the Bosch up to the NVR and use at another location on my home. Thanks for all your efforts.