Wishing Everyone A Very Merry Christmas

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Well, we'll remember this Christmas for a while.

Last night on Christmas Eve, we went to see the latest Star Wars movie in 3D. Drove 35 miles to an AMC Theater only to discover the 3D was down, non-2D would run in an hour. Decided to wait for 3D, headed back home, it's 5:45 PM, travelling on U.S Highway hit a H-U-G-E buck that came out of nowhere going 55 MPH...well, I was doing 55, the buck maybe 15. He was a big one, maybe a 6 pointer. Got the front end of our 2017 Ford Escape real good, parts under hood and behind grill shredded a drive belt (burnt rubber smell) and damaged radiator and or hoses (coolant on ground). Front passenger door binds on front fender. Got a AAA contractor to tow to body shop, rode in his wrecker home.

I'm a little sore this morning (arms and neck) but grateful that it didn't come through the windshield, I didn't run off the road into a tree or fixed object (steered straight and braked hard), it wasn't raining, not real cold and none of us (except the deer) were hurt. The Escape can be repaired....I am grateful. Thank you, Lord.

Deer_122419_1745_small.jpg

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Glad everyone is ok.
Me too, brother. I've been on Coumadin (anti-coagulant/ "blood thinner") since 2010 and it sure could have had a MUCH worse outcome had I run off the road and hit something or flipped or the deer had come through the windshield. Heck. I'm glad that the airbags didn't deploy!

Hammerhead786

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Well, we'll remember this Christmas for a while.

Last night on Christmas Eve, we went to see the latest Star Wars movie in 3D. Drove 35 miles to an AMC Theater only to discover the 3D was down, non-2D would run in an hour. Decided to wait for 3D, headed back home, it's 5:45 PM, travelling on U.S Highway hit a H-U-G-E buck that came out of nowhere going 55 MPH...well, I was doing 55, the buck maybe 15. He was a big one, maybe a 6 pointer. Got the front end of our 2017 Ford Escape real good, parts under hood and behind grill shredded a drive belt (burnt rubber smell) and damaged radiator and or hoses (coolant on ground). Front passenger door binds on front fender. Got a AAA contractor to tow to body shop, rode in his wrecker home.

I'm a little sore this morning (arms and neck) but grateful that it didn't come through the windshield, I didn't run off the road into a tree or fixed object (steered straight and braked hard), it wasn't raining, not real cold and none of us (except the deer) were hurt. The Escape can be repaired....I am grateful. Thank you, Lord.

View attachment 52857
Sorry to hear that. Hope you recover quickly and glad you are all ok.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Thankful you and your family is OK.

Which reminds me, I really should do this more often:

I'm thankful of you all who are here helping to make this a place that can be enjoyed by those wanting to learn and share.

Thank you all.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Glad you and yours are safe Tony....

Now, were you able save the backstrap? :p
Thanks and no, I was not...he was so big he huffed and looked at me as if to say "bring it on bigger next time, you lowly human".
Seriously though...it all happened so fast but I recall knocking him straight ahead 15 to 20 feet but he keep running to the left and departed the scene on all fours...he's either real sore this morning or he passed on...I really do hope he didn't suffer or isn't suffering..I feel kinda bad for him, ya know? :(

justabeginner

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Glad you are o.k., Tony. I noticed you are from Alabama. I'm in NE Alabama and would like to hire someone to help me get cameras going on BI. I'm pulling my hair out. Are you in the area or do you know anyone?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Glad you are o.k., Tony. I noticed you are from Alabama. I'm in NE Alabama and would like to hire someone to help me get cameras going on BI. I'm pulling my hair out. Are you in the area or do you know anyone?
Thanks!
I'm about 125 miles from you in NW AL.
Let me make a couple of calls tomorrow and get back to you via Personal Message in a day or 2. Gotta get the auto insurance and car rental going tomorrow on Thursday.
Please insure your profile is set to allow PM.

justabeginner

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks!
I'm about 125 miles from you in NW AL.
Let me make a couple of calls tomorrow and get back to you via Personal Message in a day or 2. Gotta get the auto insurance and car rental going tomorrow on Thursday.
Please insure your profile is set to allow PM.
Thank you. I'm new to all of this. Have a blessed day.