Woman Walking Alone, Late at Night, in a Dark Alley ...

icpilot

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Her response to the siren sounding off pretty much tells it all ....

Hmmm... been getting this error every time I try to upload a video file. I know it is a legitimate file, but the site is disallowing it.

1644469824342.png

Soooo .... you can see it from my OneDrive at this link .... RunningGirlLoRes.mp4

Reaction score
Where are the overhead lights? If none, and I can’t see them on the pickup with shell, I might have a similar response what with the current criminal exuberance in our country.

icpilot

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Not sure what you mean by that. Who was the guy chasing her?
No one chasing her as far as I know. The siren alarms when people are in the alley where they don't belong. She bolted on hearing it and was so drunk/high that she couldn't keep upright. Cameras followed her around the property.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Yep, it looks like she was running away from the sirens. So what ever happened where the sirens are she was trying to get away from that area.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That is awesome, her going under your hand rails and stuff. Need to throw the Bad Boys soundtrack on that video LOL.

NightLife

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Is this accurate - the siren actually drives her 'on to' your property? :p

icpilot

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Is this accurate - the siren actually drives her 'on to' your property? :p
In this case, it worked out that way. My guess is she was quite 'high' on something and panicked when the siren sounded. At that point, she was no longer thinking rationally, hence, the scramble to get into the first open (unfenced) location where she could hide.

NightLife

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Agreed, I think it was a simple case of fight or flight, and she was driven down the flight path. Can't say I truly blame her .. I think most of us, all bravado aside, walking down a dark alley and suddenly being blasted with a shrill alarm would be hard pressed not to at least skip a beat or two. It has the makings of an interesting social experiment, right up until the moment some gorilla turns mid stride, reverses course and smashes the alarming camera to pieces. :rofl:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Was that from an add on speaker or horn or was that from the dinky speakers available on some cameras LOL

icpilot

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Agreed, I think it was a simple case of fight or flight, and she was driven down the flight path. Can't say I truly blame her .. I think most of us, all bravado aside, walking down a dark alley and suddenly being blasted with a shrill alarm would be hard pressed not to at least skip a beat or two. It has the makings of an interesting social experiment, right up until the moment some gorilla turns mid stride, reverses course and smashes the alarming camera to pieces. :rofl:
The ones who bolt are conditioned to run from sirens, which tells you a lot about them. A very few will look around quizzically to find the source and then they walk away normally.

NightLife

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The ones who bolt are conditioned to run from sirens, which tells you a lot about them. A very few will look around quizzically to find the source and then they walk away normally.

Likely true, or you wouldn't be reporting that.(I'm assuming you're reporting your first hand experience(s)) What might remain then is 'what' contributed to that conditioning, and I think you might be surprised how broad that spectrum may be. Everything from battered wives, scum criminals, on up to soldiers, cops, medics and anyone else hyper-vigilant as the result of repeated traumatic or even a singular traumatic event. This could include car crash or home invasion victims and so on. Like I said, I think it would be a broad swath of folks and experiences which could result in adverse reactions to this scenario, and not pigeon holed to those who are used to run ins with the popo.

icpilot

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Likely true, or you wouldn't be reporting that.(I'm assuming you're reporting your first hand experience(s)) What might remain then is 'what' contributed to that conditioning, and I think you might be surprised how broad that spectrum may be. Everything from battered wives, scum criminals, on up to soldiers, cops, medics and anyone else hyper-vigilant as the result of repeated traumatic or even a singular traumatic event. This could include car crash or home invasion victims and so on. Like I said, I think it would be a broad swath of folks and experiences which could result in adverse reactions to this scenario, and not pigeon holed to those who are used to run ins with the popo.
You're probably correct, though given the demographics of the immediate area and the fact that alleys in the city of Phoenix are supposed to be closed to non-residents, my direct experience is that almost all those who run when the siren sounds are likely to be actively engaged in some criminal activity and are concerned about the police finding them. Take a look at my other recent video (BurglaryInterrupted2022-02-10.mp4 ) and you'll gain a better sense of what I mean. I have dozens (maybe hundreds) of similar episodes.

NightLife

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yeah, that sucks man. The fucking world, in places, is festering and overrun with zombies. Good people shouldn't have to endure these scum day in and night out.

Stay safe...hopefully your media can put some of them behind bars, or in treatment or get them whatever keeps us safe, and them on a track towards a better life.