Woman watched entering property, then stopped by me.

Bradmph

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Watched some woman come onto property looking around. When stopped, she said she needed gas for her car in the alley behind us. Not sure if I believe her, but here it is. I told her she pretty lucky she wasn't shot. LOL

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Funny- your place doesn't look like a gas station to me. That's almost admitting she was trying to steal gas from you. Pretty lousy excuse for casing your property.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
"Gallon of gas = $2 to $3 and I can GO somewhere, vape or cigs = $4 to $5 and I'm STUCK somewhere............uh, what should I do."
(as if I believe the outta gas story anyway).:facepalm:

t84a

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
She doesn't look nor seem to act like a thief. She hung around for a good bit.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Anybody legit or in their right senses would knock, be embarrassed, and ask for gas. I've run out of gas far from a station before. A malfunctioning gauge read 5/8 of a tank when I ran out on the highway but luckily with some farms in sight. The funny part was that I thought that I was getting awesome fuel mileage right up til then...

bababouy

Known around here
Reaction score
"Gallon of gas = $2 to $3 and I can GO somewhere, vape or cigs = $4 to $5 and I'm STUCK somewhere............uh, what should I do."
(as if I believe the outta gas story anyway).:facepalm:
You always notice that broke people always have cigarettes and beer. Usually they are a little fat too, but have no money and no ride. Sometimes they even have good shoes on.

stevejay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Lots of small-time residential theft these days this is done in this casual, super-relaxed method (versus a hard-core break-in burglary.) Just strolling up to your house in broad daylight with nothing to hide—then picking up the first thing in reach. Like they just happened to randomly wander onto your property by accident. Around here the cops call that kind of stuff "pilferage"—I guess cause they don't usually venture indoors. A certain percentage of feral homeless types, particularly in the millennial age group, use this method.