Working phone alert example?

denywinarto

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm trying to get phone alert for my warehouse cam working,
The goal is to call several numbers (my securities) when there's a motion detected
Currently i have internet modem and active telphone plan, a huawei HG8245H, it has TEL port along with ethernet port
the TEL port is supposed to be used for wired telephone unit.
Is this enough or do i need anything else?
The manual says i need TAPI hardware but i googled a bit and can't find anything detailed enough about this.
Anyone has a working configurations?

Mobile app is not an option cause i tested it myself and the connection is not stable, at least not for the ISP that i'm using,
and secondly, being an android app makes it less ideal for my case cause some of my employees arent even using android phones yet.

SMS is an option, but i'd rather have something more alarming like phone calls

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm trying to get phone alert for my warehouse cam working,
The goal is to call several numbers (my securities) when there's a motion detected
Currently i have internet modem and active telphone plan, a huawei HG8245H, it has TEL port along with ethernet port
the TEL port is supposed to be used for wired telephone unit.
Is this enough or do i need anything else?
The manual says i need TAPI hardware but i googled a bit and can't find anything detailed enough about this.
Anyone has a working configurations?

Mobile app is not an option cause i tested it myself and the connection is not stable, at least not for the ISP that i'm using,
and secondly, being an android app makes it less ideal for my case cause some of my employees arent even using android phones yet.

SMS is an option, but i'd rather have something more alarming like phone calls
It’s 2020 making phone calls for alerts is insane. BI has both iPhone And android apps and they are very reliable you’ll get the alert even if you’re Unable to connect to the server because you have not properly set up remote viewing. It sounds like you need an alarm system more than you need a camera alert.

natinadaka

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm interested in this as well.

I wouldn't call it insane to get alerts via phone calls--it is just another alerting path--particularly for users who do not have smart phones (yes, there are such people!).

Not knowing much about it I would venture to guess there are at least 3 possible approaches:
  1. BI TAPI interface to hardware modem
  2. BI TAPI interface to softphone configured with VOIP provider for making calls
  3. BI use of web requests to some external software (either self-hosted or hosted as a service) that can handle the calling

Having the equipment for (1) is probably rare, though it sounds like the original poster may have had the hardware for it (2) and (3) are more reasonable. (2) feels like it would require considerable research and probably result in few to no examples. (3) is probably the most modern and extensible.

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
for up to 10,000 messages per month
Even better, the limit is 10,000 per “application token” (now noted at the end of my original post cited in the link above).

I don’t know if there is a limit, but I’ve created 6 so far, including: Blue Iris (run program actions), Blue-Iris-Tools, and PowerShell (scripts).

A nice feature of the client app is that it bins notifications by application.

And if you are interested, you can view daily & monthly usage stats for each application from your Pushover dashboard. I’ve never come close to exceeding the monthly limit for any application, but having a granular view of usage stats has been handy.

Last edited:

Rob2020

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Went with Pushover based on recommendations here, $5 bucks well spent.

30 day free trial, then $5 bucks for permanent license (not annual).