workstation Screen Capture as a virtual IP camera ?

spy111000

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, I am looking for "screen capture" onworkstations to add as cameras to my BlueIris server.

I know MileStone XProtect has this feature. Where youinstall software on each workstation and it will screen capture live and sendit as a virtual camera on the main software IP recorder.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
BI can certainly use it own (server it running on) desktop as a cam.
new cam/ video tab/device type = screen capture (directdraw blits).

and one can consolidate cams from various servers in the ui2.htm,
but you probably don't want to run BI on every 'source' PC...

maybe something like this: https://github.com/rdp/screen-capture-recorder-to-video-windows-free
run on the 'source' PC, then just point BI at the RTMP stream ?...

SRGNBrar

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, I am looking for "screen capture" onworkstations to add as cameras to my BlueIris server.

I know MileStone XProtect has this feature. Where youinstall software on each workstation and it will screen capture live and sendit as a virtual camera on the main software IP recorder.
Did you ever get this to work?

spy111000

n3wb
Reaction score
No. They wanted BI to run on every machine. Not practical or hidden.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
who they? ( i had suggested a free windows tool that provides an RTMP stream on each windows machine for a central BI server to pull...)

SRGNBrar

n3wb
Reaction score
who they? ( i had suggested a free windows tool that provides an RTMP stream on each windows machine for a central BI server to pull...)
I'm assuming he's referring to a client, not your post.

Pozzello, I tried that, but couldn't figure out how to import the stream into BI. I'm quite new to this and have been playing around with it for several hours now

SRGNBrar

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks, I'll def check that out. Hoping to accomplish it with the freeware for now, but my patience is slowly dwindling...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

SRGNBrar

n3wb
Reaction score
Like many of us here, I could probably have recouped my savings had I put this time elsewhere, but it's all worth it when shit ends up working the way we want. I'll check it out, thanks!