Worth the update!

inline6

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm really happy with the Continuous+Alerts recording. It is such a huge savings on disk space that I'm still waiting to see how many days 12TB can hold. The Dual Stream and C+A allows my i5-3470 to run 12 cameras 80MP/s at 10-12% CPU!
Very impressed with the software. Kudos to the designer(s) and the fantastic help on this Forum

johnstjs

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm really happy with the Continuous+Alerts recording. It is such a huge savings on disk space that I'm still waiting to see how many days 12TB can hold. The Dual Stream and C+A allows my i5-3470 to run 12 cameras 80MP/s at 10-12% CPU!
Very impressed with the software. Kudos to the designer(s) and the fantastic help on this Forum
Which version did you updarte to? I'm currently at 5.3.3.16. Waiting for a reason to update to renew support and get al of the updates.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Which version did you updarte to? I'm currently at 5.3.3.16. Waiting for a reason to update to renew support and get al of the updates.
Even if you do not use DeepStack, the other added feature of doing 24/7 recording where it saves substream until motion and then switches to mainstream is a huge storage saver that allows folks to record 24/7 without much storage compared to previously running 24/7 that was all mainstream.

Previously, I would get about 1 hour at 3.90GB with the camera recording 24/7.

With this new feature, I got 1 hour at 140MB.

That is a tremendous savings!

Obviously bitrate, resolution, FPS, and number of triggers come into play, but it is yet another feature that can allow for higher resolutions with less storage needs.

As always YMMV.

johnstjs

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Even if you do not use DeepStack, the other added feature of doing 24/7 recording where it saves substream until motion and then switches to mainstream is a huge storage saver that allows folks to record 24/7 without much storage compared to previously running 24/7 that was all mainstream.

Previously, I would get about 1 hour at 3.90GB with the camera recording 24/7.

With this new feature, I got 1 hour at 140MB.

That is a tremendous savings!

Obviously bitrate, resolution, FPS, and number of triggers come into play, but it is yet another feature that can allow for higher resolutions with less storage needs.

As always YMMV.
That sounds awesome! I'll have to look into DeepStack a bit. I was recording only motion, but want to switch to 24x7 recording and this sounds perfect. Definately worth the ~$50 upgrade price

wpiman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Oh, I didn't understand that part. That is awesome.

johnstjs

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Upgrade is 35.
I ordered the upgrade online (the link from inside the software). Any idea on how long it takes to send the upgrade key? It's been about 2 hours now. The email with the PO said it was being sent at the same time but I never received it - even went to the order and clicked resend.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I ordered the upgrade online (the link from inside the software). Any idea on how long it takes to send the upgrade key? It's been about 2 hours now. The email with the PO said it was being sent at the same time but I never received it - even went to the order and clicked resend.
You should get it instantly on the order screen. Check your spam.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yep, it is instant and my key was on the order confirmation screen after the payment processed, so I simply copied it from there.

johnstjs

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I didn't see it on the confirmation screen and it's not in the confirmation email sent to me. I have checked my spam folders and serached for blueiris, blue iris, mycommerce, and digital river and nothing. Logged onto the mycommerce site and clicked to resend the information and got nothing. Changed the email it was sending it to and still got nothing. In the email notification folder of mycommerce, it only shows the payment confirmation email it sent. Going to send Blue Iris support an email now to see what is going on