WTB - 4MP Cube Cams with POE Support

elitef

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Looking to buy either hikvision or dahua 4mp cube cams. Looking for about 8 to 10 of them.

Currently have 2mp annke ones which have served me well but recently moved and have 12 foot ceilings now and the quality is just not there really, so looking to step things up.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score

With a 12 foot ceiling you might be better off with wedge cameras mounted lower though.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

elitef

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

With a 12 foot ceiling you might be better off with wedge cameras mounted lower though.

Looking for something cheaper than empiretech prices.
As for the wedge. To big of a footprint. I like the cube cams because they are all mounted in corners of ceilings so they are barely noticeable in a way.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

elitef

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Best of luck to you if your specs are:
  • Cube
  • 4MP
  • POE
  • Dahua or Hikvision
  • Better price and service than Andy at EmpireTech
:cool:
Yep i know...was hoping to buy used. But i agree, Andy is very good. I have dealt with him in the past and have seen his presence in the community

dok0619

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Review-Dahua IPC-K42A 4mp Indoor Cube cam 2.8mm | IP Cam Talk
You will not find any better cams for the price.
Buy once cry once, you may be able to get a better price by emailing @EMPIRETECANDY directly, and telling him how many you want to purchase. Quantity discounts can apply sometimes.
Looney2ns... I know this is an indoor camera, but do you think this would work ok as a front door cam? It would be mounted inside corner wall of front porch that is out of direct weather...was thinking maybe installing it semi enclosed in a vinyl siding mounting block kinda like I saw someone on here do with the wedgecam...

elitef

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ordered 10 of the 4mp Imou cams for 320.... 32 bucks a cam I will see how they are

teredactle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I was told POE. Bought off of fleabay
Looked for the same but didn't find, can you pm me the seller please, looking to buy 1 to test out; was the price due to the volume of units? Was also checking this out, I wonder if the configuration is done directly on the unit or only via the app.
Imou | Enjoy Smart Life. The site doesn't even say where to buy their products, I expected an "add to cart" button somewhere, I guess it's amazon only??

Will you please post a review after getting them?

elitef

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Fingers crossed (if POE is important to you)...it would be to me. :cool:
Yep it is. Need poe because they are mountedbin each room in the corner where the wall meets the ceiling.

elitef

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Looked for the same but didn't find, can you pm me the seller please, looking to buy 1 to test out; was the price due to the volume of units? Was also checking this out, I wonder if the configuration is done directly on the unit or only via the app.
Imou | Enjoy Smart Life. The site doesn't even say where to buy their products, I expected an "add to cart" button somewhere, I guess it's amazon only??

Will you please post a review after getting them?
The seller is the company themselves, so imou is the seller.
I got 10 and made an offer. I asked them of it has POE and they said yes. Asked if they can do 300 for 10 and they said yes to submit an offer, i did and they accepted. Tax was about 20, so essentially 320 for 10 at 32 bucks a piece

dok0619

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Looney2ns... I know this is an indoor camera, but do you think this would work ok as a front door cam? It would be mounted inside corner wall of front porch that is out of direct weather...was thinking maybe installing it semi enclosed in a vinyl siding mounting block kinda like I saw someone on here do with the wedgecam...
anyone else who has this cam can comment on whether it might be ok for this application? Thanks...

elitef

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No go on the IMOU cams. The 4mp is NOT POE. Messaged them and they said that their intern made a mistake by saying they were. Offered a partial refund to keep em, but i have no use for non POE cams so I will be returning these

teredactle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Question. So i would love to have a small sized camera like wyze for example, but Poe. These cube cameras are closest I've found, but their fov is not that big, ie 130/140deg. Why is that?

Is there a small poe camera cube type with larger fov? I picked up 3 x dcs-2210 on kijiji around $17/piece, but their fov is again small, still will find a use for them though.