(www.hik-online.com) is determined to discontinue

hiky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hampshire - South central Uk, right at the bottom
About as clear as mud to me

To Our Valued Customers,

HiDDNS (www.hik-online.com) is a Dynamic Domain Name Service provided by Hikvision to our customers for remote access demands during the past years. As the use base continues to grow, a new platform with enhanced supporting capacity is extremely expected. To meet this certain needs, Hikvision is now introducing a cloud-based service for extranet access called Hik-Connect, which integrates Dynamic Domain Name Service and alarm push notification service.

This means that the current HiDDNS (www.hik-online.com) is determined to discontinue providing the following services in designating steps.

December 30th 2016 HiDDNS Web Portal (user account management system) will be closed.

HiDDNS user account registration and login block.
Per device’s HiDDNS functionality is not affected. Users will continue to be able to access each device via domain URL or through iVMS-4200/iVMS-4500 client software.

February 16th 2017 New devices can no longer be registered using current HiDDNS platform.

Previously registered devices will continue to function on HiDDNS platform.

Due to this change, all our customers using the HiDDNS service need to migrate to Hik-Connect. Alternatively, customers still have the option to use any other third-party DDNS, such as DynDNS, NO-IP and PeanutHull.

Hikvision will do its utmost to assist all customers to change smoothly to this service. Please feel free to contact our local technical support team or email support@hikvision.com for assistance. We do apologize for any inconvenience caused by this convert and thanks again for your continuous support!

hiky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I keep reading it and trying to parse the poorly described intent...

Hik DDNS web interface will close

But then they mention a cloud based service... Hik-connect, is that not the name for the Hik apps available already ! however they do say it will be a new platform

Perhaps a new back end with better support for alarm notifications and wot not that better plays with existing Hik apps

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
I think you're reading into it to much. Try reading between the lines. I see "Our free service offering is ending and we are going to release a premium pay service offering with additional features"

hiky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think you're reading into it to much. Try reading between the lines. I see "Our free service offering is ending and we are going to release a premium pay service offering with additional features"
Maybe zd who knows at this point, its not exactly clear, i have had a quick look round a few Hik sites and no mention of Hik DDNS closing anywhere, no press release or anything

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I could never understand why anyone would want to provide a chinese government funded company with a history of security issues, their ip address.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The new service is already up and running and has been for three months, it's basically an updated version of ezviz with a few tweaks to it.
easy to setup fast to use and still works with custom and hacked NVR's and camera's so far.
no router forwarding needed and you can encrypt the stream.
I doesn't work on Mac's to well, but iphone and Ipads are OK, working spot on with andriod devices.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I could never understand why anyone would want to provide a chinese government funded company with a history of security issues, their ip address.
Then it's no different to what the FBI are doing or our MI6, all nosey fuckers lol.
our emails our online activities next it will be our camera feeds, saying it in the interests of national security.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
To me this is the same as "use Duck DNS" or use X dns. Don't get me wrong - a company hosted DDNS even like DYN can be attacked but I sure as hell will gladly pay Dyn $40 for a few years hosting vs. using a "free" service that is hosted by a foreign country or a service run/hosted by two engineers and appears rudimentry like duckdns.

john-ipvm

Known around here
Reaction score
This is likely related to vulnerabilities uncovered in the hik-online.com which IPVM reported this Monday (see Hikvision Cloud Security Vulnerability Uncovered) From what we can tell, this announcement was made in the past day or so and is a very short time frame for discontinuing a service. We are looking into other vulnerabilities currently.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
That's a dumb and embarrassing vulnerability - akin to a SQL injection exploit.
With some considerable tasty data potentially slurped.
The server has clearly not been the target of a vulnerability scanner.

usm

n3wb
Reaction score
Hik DDNS web interface will close

But then they mention a cloud based service... Hik-connect, is that not the name for the Hik apps available already ! however they do say it will be a new platform
yes, Hik-Connect it's application name
At the same time, it's a new server for the P2P service dev.hik-connect.com - in firmware 5.4.3 (R2) it is specified by default.

Last edited:

hiky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
For anyone reading this and still not knowing what to do or what website Hik have arranged for DDNS, web UI outside your local Lan viewing you will need to sign up to

hicloudcam.com

During signup you will need to add your details including telephone number and email, you will be sent an authorization code via text which needs to be added to the signup during the process, once signed up you will need your devices serial number AND verification code, some have it on the device, some have it in the device software, some have it on the box the device arrived in, at time of writing the verification code cannot be found via the web UI if accessing an NVR or Camera via the web UI, you need to access your NVR/Camera Ui locally

If you are worried about adding these details then dont

montecrypto

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
During signup you will need to add your details including telephone number and email, you will be sent an authorization code via text which needs to be added to the signup during the process, once signed up you will need your devices serial number AND verification code
.. also a stool sample, a copy of your birth certificate, and a notarized list of your sex partners for the last 3 years.

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

Norgreen

n3wb
Reaction score
How do you now change settings on the NVR remotely as I used to do this via DDNS and cant see a setting on the hicloud.com?

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You can use iVMS-4200 from a computer to access your EZVIZ devices.
(hicloud.com is not related at all)