Wyzecam v2 and BI

bigbillsd

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I read some threads here today that said we can now connect to these tiny cameras. But they seem to say you need to wipe the existing firmware and load someone else's firmware. That's something I prefer not to do at this juncture. I did find an app called Tinycam pro that seems to be able to connect to the Wyzecam v2, without overwriting the firmware. That suggests there would be a way for our BI software to connect natively. Is there a way to connect our BI software to the Wyzecam v2 cameras without reflashing them?? If so, are there instructions that could be shared?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I read some threads here today that said we can now connect to these tiny cameras. But they seem to say you need to wipe the existing firmware and load someone else's firmware. That's something I prefer not to do at this juncture. I did find an app called Tinycam pro that seems to be able to connect to the Wyzecam v2, without overwriting the firmware. That suggests there would be a way for our BI software to connect natively. Is there a way to connect our BI software to the Wyzecam v2 cameras without reflashing them?? If so, are there instructions that could be shared?
He is not using a local stream. He is logging into the cloud service. This is a terrible solution because it requires internet access and more importantly is constantly using data as the stream goes up to the cloud then back to you.
Its a 20 dollar camera, take the risk and apply the opensource firmware.

aesterling

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Wyzecam has said in a few places they hope to support RTSP in a future update but don’t have a release timeframe yet. There are better camera choices for BI in the meantime, but it’ll be interesting to see how it works when they eventually support it.

Real Time Streaming Protocol (RTSP)

Update on RTSP

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Wyzecam has said in a few places they hope to support RTSP in a future update but don’t have a release timeframe yet. There are better camera choices for BI in the meantime, but it’ll be interesting to see how it works when they eventually support it.

Real Time Streaming Protocol (RTSP)

Update on RTSP
I highly doubt they would do this... they make money on the monthly subscriptions, not selling the camera.

aesterling

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I highly doubt they would do this... they make money on the monthly subscriptions, not selling the camera.
Fair enough :) I agree they do have to make money somehow, although they currently don’t offer paid monthly subscriptions. They said that’s on the list as well.

I was only going off what they said in those two links above about RTSP.

bigbillsd

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I didn't realize they were logging into the could to get them. Thanks for the reply's! -Bill