X64 version 4.5.3.2 seems to be borken for Windows 2003r2

David77

n3wb
Reaction score
I was running 4.3.9.2 when we started to have some issues with the newer cams we installed. So I grabbed the latest update for x64, 4.5.3.2. And installed it on the Test system. Well that went badly. Apparently the latest x64 update no longer works on Windows 2003R2sp2
With some playing ( I have limited Install versions to work with ) I have discovered that x64 4.3.5.0 install exe will install and work fine.
However with 4.5.3.2 Bi will not start up.

Anyone know where to get the latest version that works on Windows 2003R2sp2 x64?

David

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I was running 4.3.9.2 when we started to have some issues with the newer cams we installed. So I grabbed the latest update for x64, 4.5.3.2. And installed it on the Test system. Well that went badly. Apparently the latest x64 update no longer works on Windows 2003R2sp2
With some playing ( I have limited Install versions to work with ) I have discovered that x64 4.3.5.0 install exe will install and work fine.
However with 4.5.3.2 Bi will not start up.

Anyone know where to get the latest version that works on Windows 2003R2sp2 x64?

David
Time to move away from XP...
  • 4.5.1 - February 13, 2017
    • Stability issues with Ethernet based SeaLevel devices have been addressed. A driver issue eventually causes a software crash and appropriate work-around measures have been implemented.

• Stability and quality issues with ReoLink cameras have been addressed. A firmware issue causes RTSP quality and device instability. However, newer versions of the ReoLink firmware support RTMP streaming instead, and this appears to work well. A new make/model device entry has been added for this on both the Video/Network and PTZ tabs. You must still set the camera's H.264 encoding to "base line."
    • The 64-bit version of the software no longer appears to run on Vista 64 bit. This may be due to a number of OS updates and DLL incompatibilities which we are unable to resolve. The preferred solution would be upgrade to Windows 10 64-bit, but we have found that the software does continue to run on 32-versions of both Vista and XPSP3 (or you may select 32-bit when installing the software even on the 64-bit OS).

• The software is now compiled with Microsoft's latest Visual Studio 2017 RC.

• Video components updated

David77

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the info....Should have looked at the BlueIris.chm even though it wouldn't startup. My bad...
Suspected Ken moved up to the latest VS.
Yup .. for the internet connected computers XP is dead.