Xbox 360 controller + iVMS4200 = PTZ joystick controller.

milkisbad

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
PTZ joystick controller.

Not sure if anyone tried it, but works pretty well! Especially the since controller was around $25-$30 (i used the wired one, but wireless one will probably work too) and requires no component except the driver for the xbox controller. you can customize it under system configuration then keyboard and joystick.

It did not work when i was just logged into the camera itself through webpage though.

Hopefully a viable alternative for expensive PTZ controllers

Last edited:

mycoma

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Did you connect an xbox controller to a PC? Need more details

Reaction score
I never would have thought to try that. Have you tried it with any alternate versions of iVMS yet?

milkisbad

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It was an accident i found it too...i use my PC for gaming and ivms 4200 keeps giving me a error message when i watch my home camera, saying it does not support PTZ function. I found it only gives error message when i move my controller, so I though hmm maybe i can move it with the PTZ at work. i have NVMS 7000 (OEM version of ivms4200) and should work too, it also has that joystick menu under system configuration.

Reaction score
Accidentally finding out you can use that controller is a pretty nice surprise to run into. I'll have to give it a shot; it'd make a nice cheap backup.