Xiaomi Zero Doorbell

gardar

n3wb
Reaction score
Anyone here tried the Xiaomi Zero Doorbell yet?
I believe it's officially only on sale in China for now but it seems like it's already being sold on several Chinese sites that ship internationally.

I'm not sure about the full specs but the price seems to be good (29 bucks / 33 bucks with chime), and from experience most of the Xiaomi stuff is pretty decent.

What I've been able to gather is:
* Wifi and 433mhz? (Sadly no Zigbee)
* 720p
* IR (nightmode)
* 4x cell battery with up to 6 month lifetime
* "AI Face recognition"
* 105°Lens angle
* Free cloud storage

It leaves the big question is if it's possible to run it without the cloud features, ONVIF/RTMP, etc.

I've also not found any information on the IP Rating, so I'm not sure how it's going to stand up to harsh weather.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Anyone here tried the Xiaomi Zero Doorbell yet?
I believe it's officially only on sale in China for now but it seems like it's already being sold on several Chinese sites that ship internationally.

I'm not sure about the full specs but the price seems to be good (29 bucks / 33 bucks with chime), and from experience most of the Xiaomi stuff is pretty decent.

What I've been able to gather is:
* Wifi and 433mhz? (Sadly no Zigbee)
* 720p
* IR (nightmode)
* 4x cell battery with up to 6 month lifetime
* "AI Face recognition"
* 105°Lens angle
* Free cloud storage

It leaves the big question is if it's possible to run it without the cloud features, ONVIF/RTMP, etc.

I've also not found any information on the IP Rating, so I'm not sure how it's going to stand up to harsh weather.
aside from all the other issues related to being a xiaiomi, you dont want a battery powered doorbell.

gardar

n3wb
Reaction score
Yeah I assumed battery was a bad thing, but one could always circumvent that...
Is the Hikvision doorbell still the only real option?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah I assumed battery was a bad thing, but one could always circumvent that...
Is the Hikvision doorbell still the only real option?
I wouldnt call the hik a real viable option. There really is no good reasonably priced onvif doorbell on the market. For overpriced wired solutions see axis and doorbird.

gardar

n3wb
Reaction score
Yep that's the feeling I've got.. Been trying to hold out for something better than the Hik..
That's why I thought I might perhaps just go with a 30$ Xiaomi while I wait, rather than 100$+ for the Hik

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yep that's the feeling I've got.. Been trying to hold out for something better than the Hik..
That's why I thought I might perhaps just go with a 30$ Xiaomi while I wait, rather than 100$+ for the Hik
The hik is worth the premium over 30 dollar crap. Both suck but the hik sucks less. You can often find them on sale for 80 by laview/uniden/rca.

tebapk2

n3wb
Reaction score
Good afternoon. I'm José from Malaga, Spain. Hard reset.? Turns out the doorbell is connected very well to the Android app. But updating the firmware stopped at 7% and didn't work again. Some help

Enviado desde mi MI 9 mediante Tapatalk