XProtect Go Web Client Video Quality - Comcast Throttling?

kozakii

n3wb
Reaction score
I have 4 hikvision cameras hooked up to a xeon server running XProtect Go. When I try to view the cameras from the web client, the video is pixelated on most cameras but intermittently clears out before getting pixelated again(see attachment). I have a 50/10 cable internet connection and and trying to view from connections equal to or better than the home connection. The interesting thing is when I VPN into the server and view using the desktop app, the image quality is perfect. The video wasnt always pixelated but it started about a month or two ago and I've been trying to figure it out ever since.

Is Comcast throttling the port I'm using or doing some other shaping or is there a configuration that I'm missing?

Thanks for the help!

Attachments

kozakii

n3wb
Reaction score
I think you are answering part of your own question when you say the problem started about a month ago and you can VPN in and get a good picture that way.
There are lots of settings you can use to fine tune the web browser client in the Management Application.

Having said that, I prefer to use the Mobile Client when I'm away from home. It also has settings similar to the above.
Do I need to have a Mobile Server configured if I don't use the mobile client? I simply use the web viewer. Where are the configuration settings for the web browser client?

As a side note, how is Milestone working out for you on Windows 10? When I installed on windows 10 it had issues starting the mobile and recording servers at boot up.