YouTube Live Stream BI Encoder

Cheryl

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello! I have a YouTube live stream going failrly well except it loses the live stream....sometimes often and sometimes not. I though it was our internet connection, but after an upgrade it does the exact same thing and I think it is BI. Whenever the live stream drops, if I go into BI and refresh, it goes right back up on YouTube. Also worth mentioning is that the feed is never dropped in BI, camera keeps running perfectly, it is just the live stream goes off line. I am thinking maybe a setting in BI now. Any advice or experienced fixes? Thank you so much.

Last edited:

nejakejnick

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Refresh in BI? You mean restart?

Sounds like a shit camera or packet loss, what model is that?

Cheryl

n3wb
Reaction score
The camera is fine in BI, no issue there. It is only a live streaming issue into YouTube. I thought it was the internet connection, and now know that it isn't. When the youtube live steam goes offline on youtube, the camera stream does not stop in BI, it only stops online on youtube. I can then simply go into BI camera settings and not even change anything, I just open the camera settings in BI, click okay (which also refreshes/restarts the camera on BI), and within 5-15 seconds or so, the youtube live stream is back up and going. I want to continue to use BI and its encoder for youtube live streaming and therefore I am just trying to get the video/webcast/encoder settings right. I am not here to get beat up for my lower quality camera, just to get some help with the live streaming with BI. Below is a link to the stream (if that is allowed here). Thank you for any help and suggestions.

Last edited:

nejakejnick

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Oh, you stream directly from BI, interesting, I always used X-Split which really sucked.

Can you post an image of your Webcast Encoder options? My own stream crashes every few seconds.

Cheryl

n3wb
Reaction score
upload_2018-3-11_11-0-12.png

So that is where I have it now...I keep playing with it hoping I can get it right...but at the moment it is set here...

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Very nice shot!.

Do you have all power settings disabled on the computer?

Are you running BI as a service or no? Tried out both ways?

BI completely excluded from any Antivirus software?

Last edited:

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I thought it was the internet connection, and now know that it isn't. When the youtube live steam goes offline on youtube, the camera stream does not stop in BI, it only stops online on youtube.
That could still be an internet issue. The camera and computer with BlueIrirs are one your local area network and will continue to function if there's an interruption in your WAN (internet) connection.

Describe your network topology including the models of switch, router, isp, and camera. Is the computer used for other things or is it dedicated to BlueIris?

Cheryl

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses and suggestions. I did disable in antivirus which hadn’t been done previously.

Flash 2 settings were the screen shot shown above, the drop down gives you the ability to save other settings to other names: flash 0, 1, 2, 3.

Using sunba 601 d20x, poe injector, spectrum internet with arris modem/router.

On a positive, live stream is at 13 hours without disruption. :)

Quality and stability still need improvement so please all suggestions are very much appreciated! Thank you! :)

Charles_cz

n3wb
Reaction score
HI Cheryl, how is your streaming going? Did you figure out different settings that work for you. Just playing with you tube streaming now and I am having similar issues. Actually dropping streaming in less than hour. :-(