Youtube

lusk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've uploaded a .bvr video to Youtube which should be around one hour long but when I play it on Youtube, it plays very fast and the video is around 1.5 minutes long.

Why would this be and id there a way in which I can make it play at the proper speed on Youtube?

lusk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you Tony.

And if I do this, will the clip still be available in BI in the bvr format or will it change? I would still want to be able to be able to view this clip in BI / app.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thank you Tony.

And if I do this, will the clip still be available in BI in the bvr format or will it change? I would still want to be able to be able to view this clip in BI / app.
Yes, the BVR is available and unchanged. The .BVR and the newly created MP4 will be in the same folder as the BVR unless the default is changed which is "C:\BlueIris\New" .
I suggest you open BI's "Help" (the big ?), search for "convert" and read topic "Working with Clip"; it tells how to edit what appears in the converted file without changing the BVR file.

lusk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you Tony.

Just to advise that I’ve tried to replay a video in BI which I previously exported / archived and I now get the message that file can’t be played.

What have I done wrong, please?

Attachments

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What have I done wrong, please?
Not sure what that image is from or what it says; it's only a partial, but.....try this:

• Go to BI's 'help" (the big ?).
  • Search for "clips".
  • In "Topics" presented, select "Working with Clips".
  • Scroll down to "Editing clips".
  • Edit as described and select "Output format' to be MP4.
  • Accept other defaults and click on "OK".
The portion edited from the BVR file will be converted to MP4 and placed in BI's "New" folder, default is, I believe, found at path C:\BlueIris\New

Use Windows Explorer, locate and open folder as described above, click on top of column header "date" to sort. If oldest file is at top, click again to re-sort, bringing the latest file to top...should be your MP4.

Double click it to play with your default media player.

lusk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Not sure what that image is from or what it says; it's only a partial, but.....try this:

• Go to BI's 'help" (the big ?).
  • Search for "clips".
  • In "Topics" presented, select "Working with Clips".
  • Scroll down to "Editing clips".
  • Edit as described and select "Output format' to be MP4.
  • Accept other defaults and click on "OK".
The portion edited from the BVR file will be converted to MP4 and placed in BI's "New" folder, default is, I believe, found at path C:\BlueIris\New

Use Windows Explorer, locate and open folder as described above, click on top of column header "date" to sort. If oldest file is at top, click again to re-sort, bringing the latest file to top...should be your MP4.

Double click it to play with your default media player.
Thanks, the image was taken from the app.

Will have another play with it later on.