Zavio D7111 unable to add camera

toonwolf

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
SOLVED: Zavio D7111 unable to add camera

I've tried the various Zavio cameras inn BI but I'm unable to add this camera. Can someone please help?

Last edited by a moderator:

Kenjusticejr

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
sigh...I've had the exact same issue with 3 of the cams I've gotten from china...they slap the same ol' hardware in a case with some other logo on it, and sometimes put a different firmware on them, but I've managed to get them all up and running by trial/error...I'm not much of a camera guru, but was able to finally find a cam model that used the same path for data as the ones I had... I recommend picking the popular ones and giving it a shot..might take a few hours, but chances are you will get the right configuration eventually...

once you are 100% sure you have the IP set in the camera, and the user/pass set in BI camera properties, go to cam properties, video tab, and configure and start selecting cameras...I went down the list trying every one of them until I finally got one to work... then eventually found that a few more worked because they had the same configuration...

once you get through about 20 different cam models, you will see that in the configure screen, the Media/video/RTSP port us usually 34567 or (I think) 554 depending on how the video is transmitted from the cam to the computer...

and once you try about 20 different ones, you will see that the Video "Path" and "Params" are similar, or exactly the same on several different cameras...

I'll provide this unhelpful advice after assuming you've tried all of the other zavio config files built into BI... otherwise, BI tech support seems to get back to me relatively quick...so, if all else fails, send them an email....

If anyone has any better method of getting a cam hooked to BI other than my suggestion, please post it...I could use some advice on it for future reference also..lol... good luck...

toonwolf

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
My bad, got it working using Zavio B5010 RTSP/HTTP, just had to change the Media/video/RTSP port. Guess I got lucky..