Zerotier One

Teeling611

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have installed Zerotier software to be able to connect to BI via a mobile phone. I thought things were working great and I was able to sign in with the mobile app on my iPhone. However this was only as I sat next to my computer and my iPhone was on my wifi network. I tested it the next day, no wifi, away from my home and I couldn’t connect to my computer. Any Idea what setting I may have overlooked in the BI software? Thanks

Reaction score
I have installed Zerotier software to be able to connect to BI via a mobile phone. I thought things were working great and I was able to sign in with the mobile app on my iPhone. However this was only as I sat next to my computer and my iPhone was on my wifi network. I tested it the next day, no wifi, away from my home and I couldn’t connect to my computer. Any Idea what setting I may have overlooked in the BI software? Thanks
I also have not had good luck using the phone app with ZT. I changed my BI webserver settings to the ZT IP on my BI machine, and it still just does not work outside my wifi network. I rarely use the phone app as a result. If I'm away, I make use of another computer on my ZT network.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I also have not had good luck using the phone app with ZT. I changed my BI webserver settings to the ZT IP on my BI machine, and it still just does not work outside my wifi network. I rarely use the phone app as a result. If I'm away, I make use of another computer on my ZT network.
The app works perfectly with ZT. Ensure the Wan IP in the app is set to the ZT ip address along with the blue iris webserver port at the end

Reaction score
The app works perfectly with ZT. Ensure the Wan IP in the app is set to the ZT ip address along with the blue iris webserver port at the end
Dude--- you Rock. :headbang:

I tried it again, checked my settings. I did in fact have the WAN IP set properly in the app with the correct BI port.
What I did NOT have set correctly on my phone was ZT!! Apparently you have to actually TURN IT ON and CONNECT IT to the ZT networkfor the app to work. DOH!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Thanks for getting me to go look again. :thumb:

Last edited:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Dude--- you Rock. :headbang:

I tried it again, checked my settings. I did in fact have the WAN IP set properly in the app with the correct BI port. What I did NOT have set correctly on my phone was ZT!! Apparently you have to actually TURN IT ON and CONNECT IT for the app to work. DOH!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Thanks for getting me to go look again. :thumb:
Magic huh? :cool:

Broachoski

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I was in process of mentioning checking your Iphone VPN setting but glad you resolved the issue first. I use Zerotier and Tailscale and when doing so, I have to toggle between which one I want to use at the moment via the Iphone settings.

Reaction score
use Zerotier and Tailscale and when doing so, I have to toggle between which one I want to use at the moment via the Iphone settings.
Why do you use both? Why not just use one of them?

I was going to try Zerotier, but your comment has me looking at Tailscale now and would like your opinion.

Last edited:

Broachoski

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I use both because had problems with Zerotier in the beginning but got Tailscale to work. Later got ZT working so figured would be a nice backup.

Teeling611

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I’ve read everything about put still confused. as I said my iPhone works in wifi mode and I can access BI. When I turn it off doesn’t work.

My BI external wan address is the same as my iPhone Wan. address. In the Zerotier software it’s shows I’m online. It shows physical ips and managed ip which are different. The managed ip address is in Zerotier is the same as the external remote wan of BI. I know I’m missing something but what?

Deleted app ill try again at later date a bit to complicated for me now.

Last edited: