Zmodo Connection issues

Sergio Paz

n3wb
Reaction score
I just got some now Zmodo cameras and I can't seem to get them to connect to my software. They work on their own software

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
What software? Zmodo is garbage...Best off returning them

Ryan00

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What software are you talking about we need more information to help. If you like the cameras and they fit your budget no need to return them. Yes their are many better options out there,just depends on what you like and what fits your budget. Zmobo cameras are on the cheap side but it's better then nothing .

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
What software are you talking about we need more information to help. If you like the cameras and they fit your budget no need to return them. Yes their are many better options out there,just depends on what you like and what fits your budget. Zmobo cameras are on the cheap side but it's better then nothing .
cameras that fail or produce poor image are worse than no camera...there are plenty of reliable budget friendly cameras...zmodo is pure garbage in line with sricam....should never be used.

Sergio Paz

n3wb
Reaction score
The image doesn't look bad at all to me. I am trying to get them to connect to Blue Iris. They work on the Zmodo APP fine. But I already have an internal set-up and wanted to keep everything in one APP.

Ryan00

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
BI has a app too are you talking about for the phone ?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The image doesn't look bad at all to me. I am trying to get them to connect to Blue Iris. They work on the Zmodo APP fine. But I already have an internal set-up and wanted to keep everything in one APP.
How to add camera to BI that is not in the drop down list
once again, zmodo is complete garbage and there are MUCH better choices if you would spend 10 minuets doing research. You also fail to mention WHAT zmodo camera...many garbage brands do not support rtsp streaming or onvif for all their cameras.

Sergio Paz

n3wb
Reaction score
No Its on my PC. Zmodo ZP-IBH15-W. I know what IP addresses have been assigned to them through my Router. But it seems like I cant connect to them through Blue Iris. Could something be blocking me from connecting to the camera?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
No Its on my PC. Zmodo ZP-IBH15-W. I know what IP addresses have been assigned to them through my Router. But it seems like I cant connect to them through Blue Iris. Could something be blocking me from connecting to the camera?
see the thread above, if its on the dropdown list use it..you need to properly configure blue iris....if you cannot view the camera in the browser blue iris will not be able to see it.

Sergio Paz

n3wb
Reaction score
I did see something on this "onvif" don't know what that is but Zmodo said only cams 5V and lower support it. I am not sure what Ver these are

Sergio Paz

n3wb
Reaction score
see the thread above, if its on the dropdown list use it..you need to properly configure blue iris....if you cannot view the camera in the browser blue iris will not be able to see it.
This Model was not on the List. I will probably follow your advise and return these.

Ryan00

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This Model was not on the List. I will probably follow your advise and return these.
I would get a poe camera that way you have already ran the wires and if you buy cheaper cams now then upgrade later it will be easy upgrade

Last edited: