ZMODO/FunLux ZP-IBT15-S camera firmware

zukdj

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a first generation NVR and 8 cameras, one of the cameras went bad so I found a new first generation on eBay, the problem is the firmware on the new camera is not up to date. I cannot find the firmware for these cameras anywhere and when I go to their support site they say the android app on my phone will allow me to update the firmware remotely but that isn't the case. I'd like to do it manually, can anyone point me to a location where I can find the firmware files?

Attachments

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have a first generation NVR and 8 cameras, one of the cameras went bad so I found a new first generation on eBay, the problem is the firmware on the new camera is not up to date. I cannot find the firmware for these cameras anywhere and when I go to their support site they say the android app on my phone will allow me to update the firmware remotely but that isn't the case. I'd like to do it manually, can anyone point me to a location where I can find the firmware files?
Hi @zukdj

zmodo / funlux... suspect may not even be a real NVR kit... also I would not trust any updates from them, as sometimes the updates force the kits to become cloud products.

update:
720p IBT15-S = not a PoE camera ( what zmodo / funlux claims is "sPoE" - again a deceptive practice )

Last edited:

zukdj

n3wb
Reaction score
Is there a way to extract the firmware from a know good camera? I understand its not real POE, I just want the cameras all at the same firmware, it's just a cheap system for my house and has been all that I needed.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is there a way to extract the firmware from a know good camera? I understand its not real POE, I just want the cameras all at the same firmware, it's just a cheap system for my house and has been all that I needed.
why do you want to update the firmware? ( just keep the cameras isolated from the internet )

zukdj

n3wb
Reaction score
The new camera is at a lower version and has some weirdness which I encountered with the others when I originally installed them which updating the firmware resolved.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The new camera is at a lower version and has some weirdness which I encountered with the others when I originally installed them which updating the firmware resolved.
Has zmodo / funlux provided any instructions? ( besides using their android app which they state works to upgrade... which clearly does not )

zukdj

n3wb
Reaction score
No, they are no help, if they had I wouldn't have come here hoping someone has the firmware location.