Zone clarification

TCulshaw

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all.

I suspect this has been covered many times, but I still can’t get it straight in my head.
From the help files we know:
A>B triggers when movement is detected in A THEN B
A-B triggers when movement is detected in (A THEN B) OR (B THEN A)

Question:
Does AB mean A OR B? So AB>C means either A OR B THEN C?

In fact, thinking about it, could one of you geniuses (and there’s a lot of you good people out there) produce a truth table? That would really help

Reactions: Wen

handinpalm

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
From my experiments, AB>C = Both zones A & B need to be triggered, then C, for an alert. You can set the "Min Duration" for the target to be in each zone to activate that zone trigger and set the "Break Time", where if the target dwells too long in one zone, the trigger will end (reset).

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi all.

I suspect this has been covered many times, but I still can’t get it straight in my head.
From the help files we know:
A>B triggers when movement is detected in A THEN B
A-B triggers when movement is detected in (A THEN B) OR (B THEN A)

Question:
Does AB mean A OR B? So AB>C means either A OR B THEN C?

In fact, thinking about it, could one of you geniuses (and there’s a lot of you good people out there) produce a truth table? That would really help
Blue Iris Video Tutorials

TCulshaw

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys.
@handinpalm Like me we are having to experiment to find out how it works. As zone crossing is such a useful facility, it would be good to have some deeper explanation in the help files.
@looney2ns Unfortunately this specific situation is not covered in the tutorials.
I guess the answer is to keep on experimenting then post my findings here.