Zones and camera rotation not working

jasong127

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Tried searching but couldn't find an answer on this...

Here's what I have. A GW Security 5mp outdoor camera. I'm trying to rotate it 90 degrees because that gives the best viewing range for where it's at. Problem is, none of the zone crossing features work when it's rotated.

Is this a known issue, or am I missing something in the setup? If I leave it in 'landscape' mode, zones work fine. When I tell BI to rotate 90 degrees they don't.

There's no feature in the camera software to rotate it, only flip horiz. or vert.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Tried searching but couldn't find an answer on this...

Here's what I have. A GW Security 5mp outdoor camera. I'm trying to rotate it 90 degrees because that gives the best viewing range for where it's at. Problem is, none of the zone crossing features work when it's rotated.

Is this a known issue, or am I missing something in the setup? If I leave it in 'landscape' mode, zones work fine. When I tell BI to rotate 90 degrees they don't.

There's no feature in the camera software to rotate it, only flip horiz. or vert.
It should work..try first rotating it then setting the zones.
Also, if you are rotating in blue iris then you are not using direct to disc and therefore wasting lots of cpu power, particularly with 5mp cameras.

jasong127

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Fenderman,

I gave that a try. Even setup up the zones first, then rotated the camera. Seems only one zone is capable of working when rotated.

The computer being used is only for Blue Iris and is an i7. I'm fine with just this camera not recording direct to disc in order to achieve this. Still working on different options. So far, can't seem to make anything happen once it's rotated though. :(

jasong127

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Well, I tried every combination I can think of. Seems rotating 90 degrees negates the ability to use multiple zones. It will only work with one zone enabled when rotated 90 degrees.