Zones and PTZ questions

Abbell

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Next question... :O
Area tracking:
So I have static cameras that can sense motion in BI and send a trigger to a group. Can I send different triggers based on Zones or do I need to use the "create a duplicate camera trick?"

If I have one PTZ camera and I have a trigger that sets it to home in on the front door can I set another trigger to have it home in on the sidewalk? If so does this mean I have to set it up for different groups?

I have a camera set to auto scan the presets after 45mins of no activity, but it keeps scanning. Is there a way to have it sweep and them go back to its original static location?

Thank you in advance for the help

Abbell

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No answers so far?

Here is a big issue that BI should be able to work through. From what I can see I have to set multiple cameras to be able to trigger different zones. Then I have to set multiple cameras to get my PTZs to move to those zones. Sounds overly complex? Also, BI is only good for 64 cameras... I know it sounds like a lot until you have to create so many extra cameras. So if you have 16 cameras you are limited to 4 instances per camera for triggering and reacting.

Can we get something like: Cam1 zone A triggers..send to group A <goto preset 2>, Zone B triggers send to group B <goto preset 3>...etc
This way cameras in the same group would all get the command. Cameras that are static would not be impacted as they do not have PTZ.

This would up the functionality immensely and put standard NVRs to shame. As it is, in testing, just to get one camera to goto 2 different presets I have to use 5 camera slots. 2 zone detectors, 2 camera preset movers and a main to record. This seems horribly inefficient. Or did I miss something? Can we push a script to tell cam 2 to go to preset 2?

Abbell

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is it possible to have another program read the camera data folder and interact with BI? Can I in some way read which zones are being triggered on which cameras?

Abbell

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
LgRich that worked perfectly...Thank you!

mannypace

n3wb
Reaction score
LgRich that worked perfectly...Thank you!
Hi Abbell,

How did you get this to trigger the ptz per detection zone?

In the link that was posted it refers to returning to home position. How did you get this to work per zone? I cant see any option for seperate alerts per zone to configure individual commands.

I would really appreciate the help.