Zoneway ip camera

mwright

n3wb
Reaction score
Has anyone played around with the zoneway ip cameras? I just bought one and you can seem to find any support on it anywhere I see that it is a Chinese brand. I tried to find and new firmware, but no luck. Anybody have any ideas to where I could find anything? thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Has anyone played around with the zoneway ip cameras? I just bought one and you can seem to find any support on it anywhere I see that it is a Chinese brand. I tried to find and new firmware, but no luck. Anybody have any ideas to where I could find anything? thanks
Welcome to the forum. You will find it very difficult to find firmware from these low end no name china cams. Try emailing your seller. They look like rebranded wanscams which are complete junk. In the future dont waste your hard earned money on these types of cameras.

hltljohn

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a couple Zoneway cameras. Actually I have had very good results using them. One problem that you mentioned is the lack of support. I could not get Firmware updates from the company that sold me the cameras, but so far I do not see any need to update the Firmware.
The most useful piece of information is that there is a hidden menu, beside the web interface. You access this hidden menu by selecting preset position 16 twice. You will see a menu overlayed on the display. Use the ptz position arrows to move around the menu, and make selections.

mwright

n3wb
Reaction score
I have actually had really good luck with these cameras other then absolutely no support or anywhere on the internet to find information on them. The picture is very good. There software they put on the computer is not the best. Pretty buggy. There app needs some work. I know what you mean about junk from china.
I do know if you change the quality to HD then change fps to 3 they seem to lock up.

Question to hltjohn
When you select the preset 16 twice do you do that in the p2p app or the monitor software on the computer?

Also I tried changing my quality from HD to VGA with a 5fps but when I go back into t it seems to go right back to vga 25fps?
that's why I figured I could upgrade the firm ware to maybe fix that?

hltljohn

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can't help with the P2P app, nor with the changing frame rates. Accessing the hidden menu can be accomplished from any program that can send the preset position 16 to the camera, twice. The menu actually comes up as an OSD. Sometimes hard to see the menu, so I usually point my camera at a dark area to make the menu more visible.