Zoom Problem - Blue Iris - Trendnet Cameras

Reaction score
Hello all !

Right now using the Demo Copy of Trendnet on a Brand New machine - just testing everything out before I purchase ..

Problem - I have the following Trendnet Cameras

TV-IP862IC/A
TV-IP662PI/A2

I have both Camera's configured and they are working fine.

EXCEPT .....

When it comes to PTZ - the PT are working just fine. However if I try to Zoom - well - each Camera head goes into a complete rotation - similar to what it does when you first turn it on ..

Experimenting with different settings - curious as to anyone that may have encountered this problem ..

UPDATE: I have tried all of the TrendNet Options in the PTZ Panel - The only one that seems to work with the PT settings is the TV-IP602/612 Setting ..

Last edited by a moderator:

corkangel76

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can you return the trendnet cameras and get ones that work? Hikvision, Dahua, etc?

Reaction score
Funny ..

Right now these 2 cameras seem to work just fine (outside of the zoom issue above) . For the most part, these 2 Camera's are the start of my intro into the space without spending crazy money .. (Specific to PTZ that is )

On a side note - I do have 2 Dahua Bullet Cameras coming in the weeks to come - but those are for the outside ..

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Funny ..

Right now these 2 cameras seem to work just fine (outside of the zoom issue above) . For the most part, these 2 Camera's are the start of my intro into the space without spending crazy money .. (Specific to PTZ that is )

On a side note - I do have 2 Dahua Bullet Cameras coming in the weeks to come - but those are for the outside ..
Glad you got it working...
Couple of things to point out, the camera does not have a true optical zoom function...its a digital zoom, so you may as well zoom in via the blue iris mobile app. or zoom in on the video after the fact.
note that ptz, in general is a gimmick...this is because you cannot sit there controlling the ptz all day. You are WAY better off with a higher resolution camera with a wide angle lens that covers the entire room 24/7.
http://www.overstock.com/Electronics/LaView-2MP-Resolution-Wireless-Indoor-Security-Camera-with-Night-Vision-Micro-SD-Slot-Motion-Detection-and-Alarm-Connection/10297537/product.html
That laview camera is a rebranded hikvision and has a wide angle 2.8mm lens. It can be had for around 110. Often less when on sale.

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply !

One of the other interesting things I am thinking thru - are POE enabled devices. While there is a time and a place for wireless devices, it assumes you are near an outlet. For some of the use cases I am thinking about - I am not near an outlet - so this seems to be the next best option, as running RJ45 is going to be a heck of a lot easier ..

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply !

One of the other interesting things I am thinking thru - are POE enabled devices. While there is a time and a place for wireless devices, it assumes you are near an outlet. For some of the use cases I am thinking about - I am not near an outlet - so this seems to be the next best option, as running RJ45 is going to be a heck of a lot easier ..
Almost every hikvision and dahua camera is 802.3af poe compliant.