Dahua IPC-HFW4305D Email and Ftp not working !!

atomino

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi to all,
is more than a week that I try to use motion detect alarm sending email or ftp, but nothing.

I have tried to contact online support more of 3 times without any answer, and the same thing
sending email overseas@dahuatech.com.
Software version is 2.420.0000.0.R, build : 2014-04-19
Web Version : 3.2.4.184667
ONVIF Version: 2.4.1
see attachmemnts.
Email test failed with yahoo and gmail.
Buy a new one ?
:(" title="Angry" class="smiley">
Thanks to all...
P.S.
To Jayson, I have tried also Dns Server 8.8.8.8 but it's the same...

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
what is that ip address you have entered for the smtp server? You need to enter your email providers smtp server address.
i believe its smtp.mail.yahoo.it
make sure to lease the preferred dns at 8.8.8.8 dont change that back.

atomino

n3wb
Reaction score
Not exactly, but smtp.mail.yahoo.com, and with DNS 8.8.8.8 test email failed, I will try later ftp, I will let you know.

atomino

n3wb
Reaction score
I am using it here on my mobile and on my laptop , the same configuration, and it's working properly...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
uncheck the arp/ping box....also have you confirmed that your password is correct? and that you havent accidentally left a space after your username? Some times if you press the spacebar after your username it adds a blank character that you cannot see but will fail to login...

atomino

n3wb
Reaction score
... it's working, maybe the dns not was 8.8.8.8 and i replace the smtp server with the url
smtp.mail.yahoo.com, i try motion detect and it's working properly..... very good.

Next problem is ftp.
I have seen using the http connection I can set the url of my ftp server, if I use
SmartPss I can set only numeric ip address.

Hey Wizard have you any suggestion to try for this ?

atomino

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, my ftp is external from my lan.
I am using a WiFi router with modem and SIM card, all power is using 12 vdc with car battery, I haven't energy there.
And my ftp is at my home using ddns no-ip.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
in that case its probably a passive port issue, you need more than port 21 open to run an ftp server (behind NAT).. you need to open a range of high ports and configure your FTPd to use them.. Can you upload files with a FTP client from this location? Test it and get that working first.. You'll be able to connect but it will fail on the transfer if your having port issues.

you also need to use a substream and lower its bandwidth requirements to not exceed your cellular uplink.. I imagine that is extremely low quality, might be better with snapshots only.

Last edited by a moderator:

atomino

n3wb
Reaction score
Ftp is working, I already opened the port to get access,and I can transfer text file. I will suppose only snapshot.
But camera seems not working with URL, and I don't know how to verify it.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
look at your ftp server logs, if you can put it in a debug.. then you should see everything the camera is doing if it is able to connect.

atomino

n3wb
Reaction score
I have enabled the debug and on Motion Detection I can receive the emails, but Ftp doesn't try to establish the connection.
I have tried to connect using telnet with user root , but i don't know the right password, I was trying to see if any log file from the camera
can help me..:(

paarlberg

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
does the "alarm" directory exist? Are the permissions set to allow writing?

Curious if the directory should be /alarm instead of alarm.

atomino

n3wb
Reaction score
the alarm directory exist, if I connect with ftp client with same user and password, i have to change directory with:
cd alarm
put something.txt

... and it's working.
But it seems that the camera don't tr to connect..

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
try using an IP and not a dynamic DNS hostname, it could be failing the DNS lookup.

Last edited by a moderator:

atomino

n3wb
Reaction score
Good news, if I put the Ip address number solved after manual ping, it works ....

How I can fix the problem if I have FTP under DDNS ?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
try configuring a static IP with working DNS servers, such as 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

Screenshot 2014-10-20 14.53.28.png