Nead Help With License Plate Number

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I neighbor down the street got his pickup truck spray painted. I have the license plate number and was hoping someone on this forum could give me the information from it. The California Plate number is 6JVA895. Thank You in advance.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
oh I know. Several of us have been after that for years!

I think for awhile @IReallyLikePizza2 subscribed to something that could give names based on public records, but it wasn't 100% accurate and I don't think he still has that service as he hasn't posted anything showing the crap around his house for awhile.

Or that link I gave for a fee can supposedly give you info, but how accurate it is would be questionable. If they owned the vehicle for several years, then a likely chance it could be correct.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
oh I know. Several of us have been after that for years!

I think for awhile @IReallyLikePizza2 subscribed to something that could give names based on public records, but it wasn't 100% accurate and I don't think he still has that service as he hasn't posted anything showing the crap around his house for awhile.

Or that link I gave for a fee can supposedly give you info, but how accurate it is would be questionable. If they owned the vehicle for several years, then a likely chance it could be correct.
Yeah, I saw that after I wrote the other post. They want $12.95 for the information and like you said we do not know what info we will get. This may be enough info. A police report was filed but the police do not seem to be too interested in pursuing it.

RJM_50

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
View attachment 194732

What your most reliable go to website database (not just free), that includes:
  • The lien holders name and address.
  • Date of purchase.
  • Some I use they outdated, still lists a plate for a previous vehicle that plate was previously issued before a transfer, or retired & reissued.
  • Some sites don't include vehicle color (or expect you to believe the approximation photo of the vehicle), which is important at night... AND during the day; is a car..: Gold or Tan (beige is prosthetic limb flesh color), is a car gray or silver? I'm in the North, what color is that vehicle under the snow, road-dirt & salt haze? Is everything just mud color?
  • Previous owner history can be important if it's a family passed down to the teenage suspected hoodlum! (Or whomever they gave the keys?
  • Salvaged title is nice to know how much they value this vehicle for the potential crimes and future escape.
  • Export/import from another country is nice to know, I'd probably treat a vehicle differently if I knew a Cadillac title was transferred to Guatemala driven for a few years, and the title was transferred back to Iowa!
There are victims advocacy websites you can enter a name and find out if they were(are) a recently released felon from a specific prison and what charges.

Last edited:

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You can check this database to see if it comes up stolen:

Carsforsale has a free vehicle history report that can reveal a little info (much less than a carfax or similar), but you can get a few clues about the title history.

Note that access to some of the databases that claim to have access to more info about a vehicle play a bit loose with rules / laws. For example they might try to make you assert you're a licensed PI.

Last edited:
Reaction score
You can check this database to see if it comes up stolen:

Carsforsale has a free vehicle history report that can reveal a little info (much less than a carfax or similar), but you can get a few clues about the title history.

Note that access to some of the databases that claim to have access to more info about a vehicle play a bit loose with rules / laws. For example they might try to make you assert you're a licensed PI.
If a car has gone through a Salvage Auction or insurance auction, it will show up on this site....